Golden Age Project Premier GA-47

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mixed feelings about this mic.
Not too expensive (1500€ for a handbuilt mic isn't that much). The y spend a lot of money on less important parts (i mean, is it really that important to use e.g. Mudorf Msolder Supreme SilverGold solder, Ciarit capacitors,...) while not spending a lot on more important parts (looks like a Chinese capsule and transformer to me). The looks (from the outside i mean) are great too, but that is probably also a big part of the cost.

at first sight, mechanically :

-hiZ wires are too long for me
-the tube is not damped and not in the ideal position (180° would be better)
-the hiZ components are not firmly fixed (and insulated) and are too close to the transformer, at the wrong side of the body

i can't estimate the quality of the (chinese ?) capsule , based on a picture... but the capsule is not damped either

To me it looks like a (bad)  DIY build...
Long wires from the capsule to the tube, all components 'floating' in the air (only soldered to the transformer it seems) etc.
I would at least have mounted the tube 'upside down'.

with those wires it will have a lot of handling noise.

the stand and the frame look very amateur...  but not bad idea for DIY maybe.

Keep in mind your posts can help them improve the product.
Ask yourself do you want to do that?

It has capsule, tube, long wires, some components, transformer... It's called 47.... something, and it's UGLY!!! ;)

Back