Anthony bourdain

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Jim Carrey was on to something in this speech..... Not to make light of any tragedy. Just pointing out the obvious....

Jim Carrey Speech At The Golden Globe Awards 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9J8GaeDqVc

RIP Anthony.... I enjoyed living vicariously through your shows......

Jim Carrey is referencing long held Buddhist ideas relating to the nature of form vs formlessness. The suffering caused by the ego never being fully satisfied; mistakenly identifying itself and satisfying itself through form. Because of the nature of impermanence(things never last/form always deteriorates) this repetitive cycle of finding happiness through form, never leads to 'lasting' happiness. Hence a viscous cycle of grasping at things that always seem to fall away, or, are never enough. He's good friends with Eckhart Tolle!

This is what his demeanor is representing...

That darn Eckhart!

He's the one responsible for me paying attention to all those thoughts constantly bombarding my mind..... Drives me nuts sometimes...lol

But yeah, There's plenty of truth in what Jim Carrey was hinting at.....

Plenty of stuff in the bible speaks of this as well....King Solomon was arguably the wealthiest and most powerful man ever and there was much written on this subject from that particular position of having everything and doing everything one could ever imagine.....

I don’t get much into celebrities, but I found Anthony very inspiring...  it’s so sad to know that he was suffering so much.  :(

I never watch much "canned" entertainment, but Parts Unknown was a go to distraction on Sunday evenings...lately it has been one of the few distractions that gave me a sliver of joy in a seemingly fractured worldview where truth has become bashed to hell and pundits, politicians and priests all vie for the loudest possible crescendo of shit-shaping noise.

Bourdain gave me a glimpse into inclusion by joining the communion table of every damn strange culture out there...he demonstrated no fear in visiting places I grew up believing were "enemy" and showing me that maybe Sting was onto something when he said the Russians love their children too.

I think Bourdain was one of the most Jesus-like figures to ever avoid formal religion...he demonstrated that the communion table spoken of in Jesus  words was open to all who would just sit down and eat...he was a champion of Justice and was vehement that Harvey Weinstein rot in jail for abusing his power and raping women...

I kinda wondered how he was doing after watching recent episodes...you could see something not "joyous" in his face at the end of episodes...a lurking in the eyes that I assumed was related to how much alcohol he obviously drank as part of the job but maybe had crept in to something more demanding on his soul.

You never know...but the message of an open table and the kindness to sit with anyone is a world changing message in a time when we seem to be going backwards in terms of national policy towards others.

I had heard of Anthony before alright ,but never saw any of his documentaries. Just reading through the tributes its clear that he was far more than just a chef with a tv program . Demistifiying and celebrating human diversity and culture through food ,it sounds the perfect antidote to the mind virus that the (war)propaganda machine spreads, I need to check out some of this mans work .

One of my favorite episodes was when he was in South Korea. You never really know what someone may being going through...

Prayer for the families.

Well I decided to have char grilled chicken thai style this evening inspired by Anthonys food adventures .

I might as well throw down roughly the ingredients in case it happens to inspire someone else into having a go at something

So 800grams of mini chicken fillets,
garlic
coriander/parsley
oregano
honey/sugar
juice and zest of lemon/lime
soy sauce
pinch of chilli
black pepper ground
turmeric root
a couple of salted anchovies or fish sauce
coconut milk
lemon grass
1/4 of a ripe mango

simplest way is put all the ingredients except the chicken in a blender ,make it into a paste and coat the meat ,allowing to marinade for several hours if you have time . There no set proportions to any of the ingredients,you can just as easily leave things out or add other things you happen to have around . Bamboo skewers are also needed ,I might just serve it with plain white rice ,thai satay style sauce and some flat breads,washed down with plenty of ice cold beers of course  8)
Thats gonna be some good eatin right there ,MMM-MMM ;)
Saluts Antho.

Wow ,
That was a one punch knock down in the taste department , like my taste buds went on honeymoon.
Saved off cuts of beech,apple and cherry blossom from the garden gave unique characters to the chargrill smoke .
As I tasted it my mind seemed to drift away some place as if on  trip or something, like seeing through someone else's eyes , my own garden, but a feeling of unfamiliar territory about it as the different flavours rolled across my tongue,
what a beautiful day.......

Back