interns suing the studio for doing menial tasks.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Careful, or we'll start seeing studio's sue interns for all the education they got while being interns without paying for it.  ::)

According to the suit, one of the interns sent to do the home check was provided a gun, even though the intern had no firearms training.

Haha! Only in America!
I'd work there, sounds fun.

ruffrecords said:
If you read the article you will see it is not and intern who is suing the company but an ex employee

Cheers

Ian

If facts got in the way of a good whinge, the internet would be a very empty place ;-)

ruffrecords said:
If you read the article you will see it is not and intern who is suing the company but an ex employee

Cheers

Ian

yes, I misread it the first time. I thought the lawsuit was by interns.  however Tennessee is an at will state much like California, you can be removed from work by our employer at any time without cause.  But since the employee removed filed a complaint hey might have a law suit as it is illegal to fire someone in retaliation for being a whistle blower. 

According to the suit, one of the interns sent to do the home check was provided a gun, even though the intern had no firearms training.

mrclunk said:
Haha! Only in America!
I'd work there, sounds fun.

I wonder what Tennessee firearms laws are in that regard?  I'm not gonna waste time chasing that shit-show of a fact.  They'll be different next week anyway, and won't apply across state lines.

Back