Module Rail for Neumann EuroRack

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gold

I'm looking for these pieces for a Neumann Euro Rack. I think the rack system Neumann used was called a Euro Rack. I'm nor sure if it's the same as a modern Euro Rack. The pieces that fit into the end of the rails that have the tabs break easily. The little tabs snap off. Does anyone know a source for these? Maybe I just don't know the right name to call them.

VG66-Rail-1.jpg

VG66-Rail-2.jpg

Gold said:
Yes, card guides. These support the cards when they plug into the backplane.

Ok, and do they clip into holes in the support rails?  If they do then they are like most other euroracks made today so another make of card guide may fit. I suggest you check out Schroff.

Cheers

Ian

+1

But on the racks that I saw from Schroff, those guides look different and are pretty sturdy. I tore down a few of those racks to make them suitable for the modular synth eurorack format.

F0500550-01.jpg

But there are a bunch of different models. Do you really need them is the question?

ruffrecords said:
Ok, and do they clip into holes in the support rails?  If they do then they are like most other euroracks made today so another make of card guide may fit. I suggest you check out Schroff.

Yes and yes. That’s good to know. I’ve never dealt with card cages before so I’m flying blind. I guess I’ll measure the depth of the rack and try a couple of sample rails.

Jarno said:
But there are a bunch of different models. Do you really need them is the question?

I can deal without the guides as I have been doing. It's okay for myself but I want to be able to sell them at a premium. I want to be able to restore these Neumann VG66 to as close to new as possible.  I have all the hard if not impossible to find electronic parts. Now I want to get all the mechanical stuff tighter.

chefducuisine said:
Pay attention - these are available in different depths. Eurorack Standard is 160m

The blue part of the guide measures 160mm without the white mounting bits. I'll double and triple check the mechanical drawings of the part before I order. I'll start by ordering one or two.

Gold said:
The blue part of the guide measures 160mm without the white mounting bits. I'll double and triple check the mechanical drawings of the part before I order. I'll start by ordering one or two.

If you need them, SRS in the UK does variable length guides. They consist of two ends that clip into the rails and a centre piece, made either of plastic or aluminium. that you cut to size.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back