• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS : SSL SL596 Channel Strips (ULTRA LOW PRICE)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chill_Om

Hey folks,

I have 16 SSL SL596 available.

10 Euros = 1 Channel Strip
150 Euros = 16 Channel Strips

Worldwide shipping.

Contact me for further informations.

Hello,

I could be interested in a pair or maybe more, do you have any photos ??

Regards

Sure,

Here is some pictures :

0ptzdOA3llOSlxzbBLTC74d9FUCDw81phYzZ8p7hDQn3Psah_RBubS2f5C-EWZVAvQUf0ftxlo7BIQ2p2IUJ=w2560-h1318

gTCcxb32dcKvgMZmXPK04sdx99gE3s72LGXmpwGVdAcKohKDQZrsWxhGXFKSyJu9yMiFFoQHl8E3RXMDSRTa=w2560-h1318

10 euro's each... that's a very, very nice price !!!!

But,
These aren't channelstrips. They're Mix in Context modules.  Like the Inline channel sections of regular consoles.
-Mono line in (e.g. tape/fx returns).
-2 aux controls.
-fetswitched outputs that go to the active balanced summinglines of the SSL 5000 consoles. These  outputs cannot be controlled without the SL 557 routing module and all circuitry that's needed with it (demuxers and stuff).
-mind that there are no dedicated line outs. All outputs go straight into the balanced summing circuitry. Although a balanced monosignal can be tapped off before the Fetswitch hybrids.

In other words, unless you have a console where these modules fit in, you'd have to modify the circuits to make something useable of it. 

You could make a summingmixer from a bunch of these, but there are no panningcontrols here, so, you'd have to add these somewhere in the circuitry, or you'll have to use 2x596 for a stereo signal.  And, you'll need  a summingmodule to sum the outputs together.  You'll need some summer that accepts balanced signals. If you want to stick with SSL electronics, you can use an SL524, SL557 (not SL557f), SL552, or SL543.  For the aux summing you can use an SL553.
Of course you can also use a variety of micpre amps , but that's a bit of a hit or miss situation .

In any case, people who buys a few of these modules, I have the schematics of these.

And once again, 10 euro each is pretty much nuts. 
My 5k console is pretty much finished, otherwise I'd definitely take these.
I'm considering getting a pair just for the parts though.

Great thanks to helterbelter for this great description of SSL modules.

All modules have faders (Penny&Giles) and are complete. Except one (missing an only one knob but the pot is here).

I'll republish pictures as soon as possible.

Back