Best 'feeling' pots?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOON

Not sure which category this belongs in, but here's as good as any. I'm making a monitor controller for the studio and obviously want the main volume control to feel as nice as possible. Trying to avoid the manual labour of assembling a switched attenuator and considering using an active Baxandall volume, which requires a dual 5k or 10k linear pot and is much less demanding of channel matching.
  What recommendations do people have for a range of pots with really nice 'feel'? I'm located in Australia, but that doesn't make a huge amount of difference these days. Open to suggestions for all budgets, but most likely only willing to spend less than $50.

Is a 10k  bad for this???

edit ....I see you want to do something different....hmmm...

I have noticed that even the cheaper stacked pots have a decent feel once you put a big knob on them......

those Rockmann SLC-1 controllers on Ebay use those chinese dact type switches I see all over ebay ...I had one in the past....Very accurate tracking and felt pretty nice....  I prefer the sound of the carbon though......

The only choice is a TKD 2500. It has the best stereo tracking.  They feel expensive and are expensive.

I’d change the plan to use that part. It’s the only thing I’d consider other than a switched attenuator.

If you don’t need channel matching the cheap Alpha Taiwan pots feel good. Better than many more expensive pots.

Tracking is better with a linear pot. The same Alps pot in audio taper is not as good as a TKD 2500.

Latest posts

Back