Phrazemaster

Re: APUTIS M49 & U47 bodies
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2019, 05:41:50 AM »
Hi Manfred, have you tried to call him by phone ?
Maybe it helps.
I’ve to say, I get everything from Andrew and never had any trouble.
Maybe you could call him for us? I’ve tried mailing him so many times. He responds once in a while with his story of being out of money and the bodies are at the platers, and that’s it. I’ve offered him money, no response.
** * Kablooie!

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2019, 07:45:25 PM »
I sent payment on a u47 body from him on 6-22-15, and finally received a refund on 4/1/16. I almost ordered an m49 from him somewhere in the middle of this timeline, but am so glad I ordered one from tab funkenwerk, as I received that 3 days after paying.

As I wrote above, this was pretty much how it went with me.  At the time of the refund he said that he'd received an influx of finances from someone who was interested in investing in his business. 

A thought:  Is there anyone on the forum who lives anywhere nearby Andrew?  Perhaps something could be negotiated for him to hand over whatever parts he has.  He might be more open to this than a potential court ruled lien that could happen if enough folks decided to act. 

Phrazemaster

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2019, 08:32:56 PM »
If he’d just send the unplated bodies and boxes I think most guys would be ok with that.

And even be willing to pay more for shipping.

I would...
** * Kablooie!

iturnknobs

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2019, 08:48:08 PM »
Perhaps something could be negotiated for him to hand over whatever parts he has.  He might be more open to this than a potential court ruled lien that could happen if enough folks decided to act.

Is that even possible internationally, across several countries? Not interested in action, just curious about the laws.

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2019, 09:02:23 PM »
If he’d just send the unplated bodies and boxes I think most guys would be ok with that.

And even be willing to pay more for shipping.

I would...

Yes of course.   I would too in your position.   
First thing to determine is, does he have the bodies?  IOW, not "are they at the platers" but, do they even actually exist, in any form whatsoever.
Since he does respond, albeit sporadically, can the answer to this question be determined by whoever can reach him.  I'm not suggesting that a class action legal type of thing from you guys is the way forward but, although difficult, it could be done if it came to it.  And the thought of that hanging over his head may prompt a more honest answer from him.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 11:45:54 AM by Winston O'Boogie »

flatresponse

Bietigheim-Bissingen, Germany
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2020, 10:43:04 AM »
Hi, I´m back again,

in another thread there was the question, whether payment method might be the reason for Andreius to deliver or not. I have to say, I was so blue-eyed to pay via bank transfer. But even PayPalers didn´t get, what they payed for.

@ TillM: I´m not inclined to talk to Andrew directly after getting no answer on EMail or Messenger. Is your contact friendly enough to ask him, what´s going on ?

Anybody on the board knows when a case like this is time-barred ? (since it´s more than 4 years for me now). Apart from that I tend to believe there is no money at all on his side. So one would even have to pay for a court case in addtion. A german saying is: don´t throw good money after bad money (or something like that). On the other hand my 879.-€ are not from the petty cash.

I think the idea of getting the bodies and plate them yourselves is a good idea - as long as there are bodies at all.

Manfred.

buckethead

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2020, 12:30:06 PM »
Hi Manfred,

I think the deadline to sue him -  in Austria - is three years after the year the transaction happened in ended. If you ordered for instance in March 2012 the three year period starts on 1.1.2013 and you have time until 31.12.2015 to assert claims. After that...it's gone. I don't know how it is in Germany or any other country tho.

As you said, there probably wouldn't be much money to get out of it anyways...

I cut my losses and made peace, Karma and stuff  ;D

Best regards,
Mathias