Pronomic SCM-1

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about something like the good old MC33178? Max 1.4-1.6mA quiescent in total, according to the datasheet. 65 eurocents one-off from Mouser. OPA145's 2.18 euros (and you need TWO) :p

MAX4494's 1.07eu, although limited to an 11V supply, and 0.77-1.1mA quiescent draw.

OP282's 2.77eu, only 500uA quiescent max total, but has a bit higher noise density than the others.

LM6132's 3eu, 800uA quiescent total, and same as the one above.

LM6142's 3.5eu, 1.6mA quiescent total, but lower noise than the two previous ones.

homero.leal said:
Yes Khron, I agree... originally, schematic had a dual unit OpAmp... but this design requires a very low quiescent current OpAmp.

I found the OPA145 that uses just 0.475mA per unit, but I could not find the dual version of it. So I had to stick with the single unit version.

To save space, I placed one OPA on the top, and the other at the bottom of the PCB.

I also considered OPA1692, but it's very tiny, may be for a next version.

If you have more options on low current Opas,  that could work, plz let me know!

Regards!

HL

Today I tested this mic. Im positively suprised. This mic sound fine as is. It look like polarisation voltage is cca 50V. Now I want to try this capsule with S52 tube circuit from Piotr...

Yes, I want to do it with 6S6B tube...i have one Neutrik tranformer at home, so I have to try it. But I think it will fit...it is realy small.

After doing now quite a number of recordings with this mic I have to say I’m very impressed. If you are looking for a mic which capture more than what you hear. More low end or more details. That’s not your mic. But if you do like recordings without the need of eq. Get a pair of these mics. Thank you Ruud that was a very good tip

McIrish said:

A number of the reviewers have uploaded pictures along with the reviews, the most recent one being from July 6 2018. Unfortunately it clearly shows the older style capsule in the photo.

I'm in the same boat as Icantthinkofaname--I would love to be able to get a couple of mics with the new capsules at a reasonable price here in North America. Contemplating ordering a couple from the mic-parts ebay auction; while they no doubt have a markup, $25US for the capsule isn't that far off what I've seen for standard MXL and Monoprice replacement capsules so it's not outrageous. But that said, if there was a complete mic with new capsule available for the same price as the Pronomic that would be much preferable so if anyone has any leads please let us know!

I'll keep checking eBay to see if someone sells on of these. I'd really like one but I can't understand German, and I couldn't find any shipping rates to North America.

They DO have an english version of the site, y'know ;) See the little flag on the top edge?

https://www.kirstein.de/en/Live-Studio/Microphones/Small-diaphragm-Microphones/Pronomic-SCM-1-Small-Diaphragm-Microphone-Silver.html

That being said, they might not ship outside Europe, as far as i can tell :-\

Icantthinkofaname said:
I'll keep checking eBay to see if someone sells on of these. I'd really like one but I can't understand German, and I couldn't find any shipping rates to North America.

Latest posts

Back