Your political compass... Ever took the quiz?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today, I sit about here...
https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpoliticalcompass?ec=-3.25&soc=-2.21
MP5mRSd.png

I missed the first time around so I'll post.
Weird how many people didn't post in the last thread, it's possible the "Brewery" environment is more hostile that we would like to think.

Hey boji, do you know what the multinational company genetic plant exploit question was all about?

Attachments

• Political compass.jpg
    Political compass.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 5
Hey boji, do you know what the multinational company genetic plant exploit question was all about?

You have to ASK!?!  Clearly they needed to increase the range of the x axis. =P

Seriously, I have NO idea what they were on about with that one.

One of the biggest reasons that plants are being genetically altered is to try and feed more people in struggling nations where food is hard to grow. There is a fear that big corporations are both hurting the planet and people and undermining governments. Scientific American did a wonderful special edition printing that covered GMOs.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/magazine/special-editions/2017/special-editions-volume-26-issue-5s/

I don't have a Scientific America subscription. But a quick Google brought of this snippet:

Monsanto, Syngenta, and other multinational biotech corporations own all GE seeds. In order to have a crop, farmers must buy these “inventions” from companies at prices they set, in amounts they make available. They must sign agreements to run their farming operations according to the rules of multinational corporations. GM seeds effectively turn over ownership of America’s food supply to Monsanto and other multinationals. Three multinational corporations control the processing of 90% of all grains. GE food crops are then processed into food products by ten multinationals that own almost all food brands in the world. Corporate mergers concentrate the world’s food supply into the hands of a few people.

Although most GMOs are banned in China, China has bought Syngenta, the third largest GE seed manufacturer in the world. Syngenta owns millions of acres of GE crops, including corn fed to American cattle. This effectively puts American food crops under the control of the Chinese government since Syngenta controls the farming of its “inventions” and owns the seeds.

boji said:
Today, I sit about here...
https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpoliticalcompass?ec=-3.25&soc=-2.21
MP5mRSd.png
I am very similar. You are at -4,-2 and mine comes out at -2,-4.

I found some of the questions to be rather leading and the lack of a neither agree nor disagree option skews the results a bit.

Cheers

Ian

I did the test before alright and ended up in a similar spot down and to the left  as Boji and Ian,

The Biocorps are systematically stripping indigenous people of there seed base ,and replacing them with a product that requires a licence to grow ,its one of the greatest outrages on the planet a testament to greed itself.Rice growers in India for instance basically had there varieties of crop ripped off by monsanto ,and then sold back to them or if found in default away to prison .the really evil thing is ,the dna of the frankenstien modded plant hijacks the dna of the native species ,so its game over eventually anyway, its another of the classic 'engineering solution' thats really the work of the devil ,course it makes all kinds of promises to itself ,but it just pedals more chemical crap in any case,

Down with this sort of thing ,I say  :mad:

Was an interesting item on the news here lately about how the pesticides have caused the fungus in the air to become resistant to antifungal meds in humans ,thats on top of antibiotic resistance Mrsa type superbugs ,looks like were heading up sh*t creek really doesnt it ?

Tubetec said:
I did the test before alright and ended up in a similar spot down and to the left  as Boji and Ian,

The Biocorps are systematically stripping indigenous people of there seed base ,and replacing them with a product that requires a licence to grow ,its one of the greatest outrages on the planet a testament to greed itself.Rice growers in India for instance basically had there varieties of crop ripped off by monsanto ,and then sold back to them or if found in default away to prison .the really evil thing is ,the dna of the frankenstien modded plant hijacks the dna of the native species ,so its game over eventually anyway, its another of the classic 'engineering solution' thats really the work of the devil ,course it makes all kinds of promises to itself ,but it just pedals more chemical crap in any case,

Down with this sort of thing ,I say  :mad:

Was an interesting item on the news here lately about how the pesticides have caused the fungus in the air to become resistant to antifungal meds in humans ,thats on top of antibiotic resistance Mrsa type superbugs ,looks like were heading up sh*t creek really doesnt it ?
The media don't attract eyeballs by telling you good news. 

I suspect too much news and too much social media is unhealthy.

JR

Its looking like the drug of choice for the new generation sadly,there junked out on it .

there junked out on it .

That and the sound-byte generation has moved headlong into the visual / audible spectrum as the main form of communication.  Hence the youtube linkage and short attention span.
I'm guilty of this as it's much easier to watch someone think then do it myself. :(

What gets lost on kids is the way to get really good at thinking is by the slower act of writing, as it requires repeatedly hitting the same neurons in a way that gets them to collect well.  At least STEAM will support this growth, but the humanities? Theyz in trouble.

boji said:
That and the sound-byte generation has moved headlong into the visual / audible spectrum as the main form of communication.  Hence the youtube linkage and short attention span.
I'm guilty of this as it's much easier to watch someone think then do it myself. :(

What gets lost on kids is the way to get really good at thinking is by the slower act of writing, as it requires repeatedly hitting the same neurons in a way that gets them to collect well.  At least STEAM will support this growth, but the humanities? Theyz in trouble.
Back in the 70's my kit company sold lots of kits to college students. Their writing skills were sadly lacking.  If anything I suspect this has just gotten worse.

I could always tell who doesn't read books or newspapers because they can't spell, and I am not a great speller. I told my third grade teacher that I didn't need to spell because I would have a secretary when I grew up.  :eek:

I guess you don't need to read or write to communicate with videos.  ::)

JR

PS: Sound bites have been with us since the TV generation , and  maybe slightly before with movie theater news reels.  Can attention span drop all the way to zero (hypothetical don't answer).  8)

Granted we've already established the test is not so good, but I'm surprised people who are so impassioned about political commentary are not interested in posting their coordinates.  We are fluid creatures, I won't judge!

In a chat room I tried this test before with a bunch of people
there was one very objectionable charachter in the group,
He made sure his views were as far out as possible from everyone else's perspective,
for purely attention seeking purposes
stuck out like a sore thumb so to speak
Hard line anti this that and the other ,but no real substance at all ,
anyway we took the test ,maybe 10-12 people and sure enough there was a visible deviation ,between close the gates and batten down the hatches mentality and more open spirited in the group ,your kinda right Boji most of the saner people in the room were in the same ballpark on the graph ,slightly down and to the left ,you kinda have to wonder ,is the reason people havent submitted their result cause its a little too far off center either way  :D

Back