Your political compass... Ever took the quiz?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worth re-itterating Ruairi's point on this quiz before too,
Doing it could have privacy implications ,of course its going to be nothing less than a Cambridge Analytica type shelf company on the make at the backend .

It could give a reasonably accurate picture in relative terms of a group at a point in time ,but your mood must have influence on the answers you give too .All of that doesnt make the force of wanting to know were you are on the scale personally and relative to others any less irresistable  ,a clever 'bait and hook' tecnique if ever I saw it.

Tubetec said:
you kinda have to wonder

it is interesting to see  many different types of people fall into the same space......  I can actually see quite large differences in the individual grids even though it's the same quadrant..... pretty interesting......

Tubetec said:
Worth re-itterating Ruairi's point on this quiz before too,
Doing it could have privacy implications ,of course its going to be nothing less than a Cambridge Analytica type shelf company on the make at the backend .

It could give a reasonably accurate picture in relative terms of a group at a point in time ,but your mood must have influence on the answers you give too .All of that doesnt make the force of wanting to know were you are on the scale personally and relative to others any less irresistable  ,a clever 'bait and hook' tecnique if ever I saw it.

lol

It is definitely very interesting to do these tests face to face. When I was working for a big consultancy I participated in a game run by a colleague. There were basically three or four teams. You had to decide a strategy selected from one of four alternatives. How much money your team made depended on the strategy you chose and also the ones chosen by the other teams. A cautious strategy would make you a little money no matter what the others did. A less cautious one could make more money bit but could lose money depending on the choices of the other teams. The best way for everyone to make money was with one particular strategy but you would lose money if even a single team did not pick it.

I was in onw team and the operations director of the company was in another. Initially everyone was cautious. The we started talking to the other teams and tried to get them to agree to pick the one strategy where we all made the most money. They appeared to agree but the Ops directors team always welched on the deal. This made they made money and we lost it. We tried this a couple of times but he shafted us again. At that point everyone reverted to the cautious approach.

I never liked the guy much and this game only confirmed my view that he was a tricky bastard to deal with.

Cheers

Ian

"A cautious strategy would make you a little money no matter what the others did. A less cautious one could make more money bit but could lose money depending on the choices of the other teams."

Sounds like a 'parable of the talents' but with added risk.
Makes me think of:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner%27s_dilemma
rBWI0Y5.png

ruffrecords said:
I found some of the questions to be rather leading and the lack of a neither agree nor disagree option skews the results a bit.

They did that is to force a decision.

Many people, when presented with a difficult moral question, will demure if given the option.

If anyone must know, according to this quiz I don't actually think that my anarchist friends are crazy.

Back