Painton/quadrant faders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Elma was working on a recreation.  I never saw them materialize.  Does anyone have access to a fader?  I'm Looking for mechanical measurements and or drawings. 
I would imagine the design is a stepped attenuator or could easily be made as such as long as the mechnicals are worked out. .  I have a singular interest in this, looks.

Contact Danny White at Sound Techniques.

The ZR console that was at NAMM had quadrant faders in the centre section.
http://soundtechniquesusa.com has a link to the NAMM photo gallery.
The quadrant design is new and is not stepped attenuator.
Look this up on Gearslutz:
        Sound Techniques 8x2 Prototype-RCA Studio A-Nashville
There is a photo of an 8-channel bucket fitted with the quadrant faders.

Cheers,
Gareth.

ruffrecords said:
have a few Paintons I got for a project that never materialised. What do you need to know?

Cheers

Ian

Ian you are such a delight.  I owe you some of your favorite beverage at minimum.
Anyway I would suspect the arc is roughly 15-20 degrees. But looking for any and all dimension measurements of the chassis and other things. I am not concerned so much with the internal PCB as I have some ideas on that, sort of, more to follow as time permits.  I have seen some for sale but I am weary to purchase them as they are in russia and I would hate to get scammed.

pucho812 said:
Ian you are such a delight.  I owe you some of your favorite beverage at minimum.
Anyway I would suspect the arc is roughly 15-20 degrees. But looking for any and all dimension measurements of the chassis and other things. I am not concerned so much with the internal PCB as I have some ideas on that, sort of, more to follow as time permits.  I have seen some for sale but I am weary to purchase them as they are in russia and I would hate to get scammed.

I am happy to lend you one for as long as you need if it will help.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
I am happy to lend you one for as long as you need if it will help.

Cheers

Ian

oh I couldn't.  I appreciate the gesture though. I am weary about shipping across the pond unless  I would be purchasing it.  The  idea is to  make some but have it be 24 position stepped attenuator and have the standard 3 tab potentiometer connection as the internals but have the look of the quadrant fader.

pucho812 said:
oh I couldn't.  I appreciate the gesture though. I am weary about shipping across the pond unless  I would be purchasing it.  The  idea is to  make some but have it be 24 position stepped attenuator and have the standard 3 tab potentiometer connection as the internals but have the look of the quadrant fader.

OK. The ones I have use a standard bridged T network. The crossbar leg goes from zero to infinity. The leg of the T goes from infinity to zero. The T consists of a couple of 600 ohm resistors in series. I once drew a schematic of the internal of one of mine. If I can find it I will post it.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
OK. The ones I have use a standard bridged T network. The crossbar leg goes from zero to infinity. The leg of the T goes from infinity to zero. The T consists of a couple of 600 ohm resistors in series. I once drew a schematic of the internal of one of mine. If I can find it I will post it.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks Ian.  I am more focused on dimensions length, width, height,  and curve. The inside I could redo.

Painton  G.S. 11-02-0035-05/10

16 mm wide
19 mm wide including wiper arm

98 mm tall (body)
118 mm tall including front mount

132 mm deep not including connector pins
147 mm deep, front of lens to rear of locating pins

gridcurrent said:
Painton  G.S. 11-02-0035-05/10

16 mm wide
19 mm wide including wiper arm

98 mm tall (body)
118 mm tall including front mount

132 mm deep not including connector pins
147 mm deep, front of lens to rear of locating pins

That is FAB. thank you guys so much.

matriachamplification said:
I would be interested in integrating Painton Faders into the REDD build.

@ruffrecords

Do you still have any for sale?

Tried online but no luck yet.

The Paintons are 600 ohm  faders. Unfortunately not suitable for the EZTubeMixer design which uses regular 10K faders. I do have a bunch of Paintons in a cupboard somewhere that I got a few years back for a customer that never materialised. I really need to have a clear out some day.

Cheers

ian

Hi Pucho,
where are you based? I am coming over to the LA area end of March/beginning of April - mainly the second week of April - and would be happy to play courier as long as Ian is happy and the fader has been sanitised  :)  The black cover should come off easily should a customs official get curious - its a used commercial sample Right

Cheers

Mike

madswitcher said:
Hi Pucho,
where are you based? I am coming over to the LA area end of March/beginning of April - mainly the second week of April - and would be happy to play courier as long as Ian is happy and the fader has been sanitised  :)  The black cover should come off easily should a customs official get curious - its a used commercial sample Right

Cheers

Mike
That is fine with me. They have been kicking around gathering dust for a few years now.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian,
Don't know if this is the right place to ask you but I finally found a couple Lomo faders in a couple impedances (6k and 10k) although they are untested to me so who knows?.
Do you or anyone else around here have the pinout for Lomo faders that are in the Quadrant/Painton style?

Thanks! Tim

Latest posts

Back