Checking some values on the Green schematic...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mbira

Just trying to get the storys to line up.

1) On the schematic c15 is 10uf. It's 47uf on the boards. c15 isn't listed on the BOM.

2) the 100nf caps in parallel with the 22uf caps aren't on the schematic. (I think I remember seeing a note of this somewhere) Also lots of the caps in parallel with the 47uf's aren't listed as well.

3) There is a second pair of 47uf caps directly after the + voltage supply coming in that's not on the schematic?

4) There is s second pair of 100r resistors going to the phase switch.

5) No phase switch on the schematic.

6) Is there a schematic for the rest of the circuit (the LED section)?

Peter, I hope you don't take this as complaning-quite the contrary! I am really enjoying this circuit and just trying to more fully understand it and perhaps help others from making the same mistakes I make along the way...

C15 is the Phantom smoothing cap. I use a 47uF in there. Use the highest value 63v cap you can fit in there.

The 100nF are poly caps for IMHO a better sound. All the electros in the signal path have them.

3) There is a second pair of 47uf caps directly after the + voltage supply coming in that's not on the schematic?

???? Are they phantom blocking caps at the very left of the PCB? On the schem as C1, C2

The 100r's are found on most good schems to avoid oscillation in long/capacitive lines.

6) Is there a schematic for the rest of the circuit (the LED section)?

Check your email.

Peter

Back