New gig 😎

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Well started a new gig/job today.
Very much excited to have a systems engineer title although the gig is basically chief tech at a media company taking care of their studios and new build of studios. 
A nice upgrade to the previous bench gig I was reorganized out of.

Congrats!

What will you be doing from day-to-day?  I volunteered at my wife's high school to help them set up a recording room for students to make audition tapes - treated the room, set them up with a Behringer digital mixer (the one where you dock your iPad in it to control levels....I forgot the name), showed them how to put up room mikes for piano and SDC's for other instruments, and showed them how to use an SM58 to do voice-overs to annotate their performances, etc.

Is it similar to that, just on a professional scale?

Matador said:
Congrats!

What will you be doing from day-to-day?  I volunteered at my wife's high school to help them set up a recording room for students to make audition tapes - treated the room, set them up with a Behringer digital mixer (the one where you dock your iPad in it to control levels....I forgot the name), showed them how to put up room mikes for piano and SDC's for other instruments, and showed them how to use an SM58 to do voice-overs to annotate their performances, etc.

Is it similar to that, just on a professional scale?
This is professional scale multiple rooms, small but multiple rooms and an edit room.  Day to day is i.t., audio computer management and making it all functional.  It's streamlined but the multiple rooms is a new build out happening at the moment

Congrats Pucho!

Is always exciting to get a new job, and as you told me  in this forum some time ago when I found a new gig:

Never stop learning and always plan for emergency.

I followed your advice and worked great for me  :)

dirtyhanfri said:
Congrats Pucho!

Is always exciting to get a new job, and as you told me  in this forum some time ago when I found a new gig:

Never stop learning and always plan for emergency.

I followed your advice and worked great for me  :)

Right on.  😎 It's worked for me too.
We do what we need to do.

Back