Some Drip Electronics silk screen prints

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian-F

I was asked to silk screen these for a local builder, and they turned out pretty nice, so i thought id show them off! : )

2806_fin_2.jpg

2806_img_20180721_113744709_1.jpg

Ill try and get some follow up photos from the owner once they are built up.

note: im never too sure about producing parts with "made in...." thousands of miles away from the country names, but that's another story!

Congratulations, very good results.

How many panels did you screen?

To make it worth it you need a few ones at least, actual printing takes seconds per panel,  but you had to coat, burn and develop the screen itself, and after printing you need to clean it very well, in theory "you should not be able to tell what ink colour was used"  on penalty of residue, however small, gradually clogging screen  pores.

What ink did you use?

EDIT
on: 
im never too sure about producing parts with "made in...." thousands of miles away from the country names, but that's another story!
... Gregory Lomayesva (Drip Electronics) is in the USA and "more American than Americans" since he´s Native American!!!!  8) ... how´s that?  :D

I only produced the panels photographed.  They were, for me, just a job for the builder (who is not in the states either!)

That was what I meant... They're designed in America, but this pair are certainly not being built there.

The ink is a 2 part catalysed ink.  It's crazy money, but the best I've found.  Once heat cured, it just does not come off!

I use the same ink on powdercoat, which is notoriously hard to adhere to, and performance is good there also, but I prefer anodised, as sending off for coating after the CNC work is just an extra delay.  With print onto anodised, if it's a rush job, and I have coated screens in the dryer, I can cut and print the same day.  But, of course, 1-off rush jobs do not take advantage of the economies of scale that you can get with print.

...they still look nice though!

Your post has reminded me to give the builder an email, see if I can't get some photos of the finished units.

The owner of these parts just sent me this video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAJkw2mgGWw

Back