Kicad making pcb's

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any tutorials, but I have been fumbling around with it over the last week myself.....getting better day by day. 

I'm designing a pcb right now, suddenly the program flashed, I was almost assuming the board lost, it came back to life after what seems to be an upgrade.

Love the grid by now, also, track management looks different

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to make a footprint with circular pads for a Grayhill Rotary....

Didn’t try after the upgrade, but IIRC in footprint editor, if you click “E” with the pointer over a pad a menu will pop up where you can set the name, number, shape and size of the footprint among other things.

Hope this helps

pucho812 said:
if anyone is interested in helping me do layouts can compensate for time....

If I can help I will be happy to.  Feel free to email me.  joel (at) rattletree (dot) com

Hi,pucho812
    First of all, it is necessary to consider the overall situation and divide it into different modules. It is clear to consider the number of line layers of different modules, which floor is the ground and which floor is clean to take important lines, which floor to take signal line and power line, of course not absolutely, but must have a general bottom in mind. And then it starts going, starting with the important ones, like the radio frequency, the audio line, the clock line and some of the important holes, where you need a single point of grounding; These lines travel as far as possible in adjacent layers of the main strata; As important lines go, consider leaving space on both sides of the main line.
    Then focus on the main chip scattered line, when dispersed out of the line should also consider different modules as far as possible together, otherwise after walking to the high-density board will be more messy. In addition, my experience is that the more complicated places are the more necessary to go first, and the complicated places are smoothed out, and the later is relatively easy. If you take the simple places as you like, you will feel dizzy and dizzy in the late period, and then go to the complicated places, you will be upset and have no feelings. In addition, it is recommended that you try to use the PADS Router to walk the line, and use the Layout to repair copper or other modifications.Finally, I want you to know that I can provide PCB layout services.

I know of 2 users on this forum that are KiCAD users and I would be slightly surprised if neither of them chimed in. That being said I'm not trying to take you off of your path but I find Design Spark to be the easiest and I have some experience with PADs, KiCAD, and the free version of Eagle. Altium seems to be more common for the big boys.

Back