Trump, trump, trump, trump, trump, trump, trump, trump....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bahaha

uMGao3y.png

The title of this thread reminds me, rather appropriately, of the Monty Python sketch  ......... spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
The title of this thread reminds me, rather appropriately, of the Monty Python sketch  ......... spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam.

Cheers

Ian
Where's Monty Python's flying circus when we really need them? Back in those days they could poke fun at political hypocrisy without all the mean spirited ugliness.

JR

Trump junior looking for dirt on opponents?

Surely, this is what  journalists are doing all day long?

They certainly are on Trump.

They are all hoping for the next Watergate, which is like the Nobel prize for journalists, I guess.

DaveP

It is against US law to accept  or conspire to accept anything of value from a foreign government.

They broke the law.

I can’t belive I didn’t see anyone troll Trump in the most obvious way when he insulted LeBron James. No one said ‘I bet LeBron doesn’t get clipped for $25M USD like a chump loser to settle a FRAUD case st his school.

DaveP said:
They are all hoping for the next Watergate, which is like the Nobel prize for journalists, I guess.

52 U.S.C. 30121, 36 U.S.C. 510 - Prohibition on contributions, donations, expenditures, independent expenditures, and disbursements by foreign nationals

(b)Contributions and donations by foreign nationals in connection with elections. A foreign national shall not, directly or indirectly, make a contribution or a donation of money or other thing of value, or expressly or impliedly promise to make a contribution or a donation, in connection with any Federal, State, or local election.

(c)Contributions and donations by foreign nationals to political committees and organizations of political parties. A foreign national shall not, directly or indirectly, make a contribution or donation to:

(1) A political committee of a political party, including a national party committee, a national congressional campaign committee, or a State, district, or local party committee, including a non-Federal account of a State, district, or local party committee, or

(2) An organization of a political party whether or not the organization is a political committee under 11 CFR 100.5.

Since you seem to imply "it's surely being done", so share with us: which journalists conspired with foreign nationals, and when?

I understand you have these laws, it's your country you can obviously do what you like in your own backyard.

I'm just saying that if journalists can go looking for dirt, it seems unfair if others can't do the same.

So if some Russian offered info on Clinton to the Washington Post, they wouldn't publish?

DaveP

Yup, you can't conspire with a foreign government to obtain negative info on your political opponent. You can't break into your political opponent's office or servers to mine dirty info (whether you do it yourself or conspire with others to). It is not akin to freedom of the press at all.

And Trump confirmed it on twitter, undermined his own lies, and the testimony of some of his cronies. 

Are politicians in the U.K. allowed to accept campaign donations from foreign governments?

DaveP said:
I'm just saying that if journalists can go looking for dirt, it seems unfair if others can't do the same.
The problem is, they aren't the same thing. 

If/when the Washington Post runs for President, then we can have the conversation you are having.

JohnRoberts said:
;D ;D ;D

they're back...

JR
I know, right?  It's hard to put into words how insufferable we really are.  8)

Matador said:
The problem is, they aren't the same thing. 

If/when the Washington Post runs for President, then we can have the conversation you are having.
you mean Jeff Bezos?  He isn't running for office yet but buying the washington post suggests that he may have some interest in influencing national political sentiment.  ::) He is a very successful businessman (read wealthy) so could be formidable if and when he decides to engage. (I'll bet he puts his second corporate headquarters near DC. just saying.)
I know, right?  It's hard to put into words how insufferable we really are.  8)
No I kinda missed you guys, but the break was nice. 

I don't question people's religious beliefs, so didn't have anything to comment  about but electronics questions.  8)

JR

Gold said:
Are politicians in the U.K. allowed to accept campaign donations from foreign governments?

UK politicians do not receive donations but parties do. These often come from business men with vested interests who may or may not be UK citizens. The Labour party receives large donations from the unions.

I am sure there are rules about this but I do not think there are any laws to enforce them. (I may be wrong).

Cheers

Ian

Back