Nils Frahm Interview (Tape-op)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boji

Hit me with the feel goods:

https://tapeop.com/interviews/126/nils-frahm/

"We’ve already lost a shitload of knowledge about analog audio, which is a shame. I’m trying to support younger people – around my age – to go deep down into building cutting machines, tape machines, and mixing desks. I could buy an SSL or a Neve [console], but I want people around me to learn how a Neumann works, and how a master bus works, with the zero ohm Neumann summing cards, and so on. That topology is really important. The studio is basically an excuse to do that. When everybody goes in a certain direction, I usually go in the opposite just to spread out. It just makes no sense that everybody behaves like sheep."

Sounds like Mr Frahm need's an Ian Thompson Bell Console. Oh look he's from over Holger's direction too .

boji said:
The world has too much In the box recording, therefore we need ITB (Ian).

Sounds like a great name for a company. Pity www.itb,com has already gone. Do you think I could trade mark ITB??

There was also a great article in the same issue about Sphere consoles.

Cheers

Ian

You can't compare Holger's KRÄSSEMASCHINE with Matthias' KONSUL 1.
Both are great, but totally different concepts.

Konsul features 44 inputs in total, of wich 28 are on faders, it has 8 aux sends and 8 busses plus LR master.
The fully relais-based switching and routing matrix is digitally controlled.

Source and more info

Attachments

• KONSUL_FRONTAL_GROß.jpeg
    KONSUL_FRONTAL_GROß.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 42
There was also a great article in the same issue about Sphere consoles.

Right?!  That was my go-to when cracking it open.  Also thought of you Ian on LUFS commentary in the beginning.  ;D

Maybe a little logo is needed Ian , ITB in place of the V=IxR  like the ohms law triangle was one thing that came to mind ,be neat and simple too .
Simply 'Thompson Bell' as a company name does evoke a nice sonic connection in my mind  , brings overtones  of A.G.Bell's illustrious work in sound transmission. A quick search engine check of 'Thompson Bell' revealed its wide open for use as a domain name for a website or trade name. 

Attachments

• ITB_Optical-dispersion.JPG
    ITB_Optical-dispersion.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 5
Would look nice in a little enamel filled chrome logo badge, one per module .
A friend of mine had some special Rory Gallagher pins made up of a stencil he cut ,I think they only cost about a euro or two each in the end ,be well worth looking into, I think my buddy  might have got a little tug on the slieve from Rory's brother Donal over his enterprise ,I believe Donal wanted to buy the rights to his artwork stencil of Rory outright ,but I dont think they shook hands in the end  .  :-[

I have a couple of ideas for logos. Maybe one strikes your fancy. 

One would be in the shape of a hand bell. Starting in a vertical column from the top have the I and the T form the handle and the B be the bell.

Idea two is have a bell curve and have the top portion of each letter be integrated into the line of the bell curve.

Latest posts

Back