Post radio here

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Continuing with the music posting theme but going a bit more broad.
Any good radio stations you get from the internet you like?

I really like triple j from oz

LA is one of the music centers of the world,  but ironically has some of the worst radio.

My problem with internet radio is the audio quality is usually rather bad,  some sound worse than 128k mp3.

I'm open to finding some good stuff.  Putting the type of music with the station would be useful.

triple J does a mix of everything. They also do things like triple J unearthed were they play unsigned artist and do unsigned artist contests.  Often times they are playing American artists i would never hear stateside along with some great aussie artists. It's good.  Plus on Thursdays here they do a thing called like a version where they bring in a band who will play a cover and and an original. The covers are quite unique.

I can't listen to local MS radio in my car... :eek: I have a CD player that usually works but at 20+ years old can be picky about playing every CD every time.

I listen to a lot of Direct TVs version of satellite radio and It doesn't totally suck (if you change channels regularly). Better than suffering through the political scrum that infects most talking heads on TV these days.

JR

PS: I am old enough to remember clear channel super stations for broadcast radio. Only a handful were allowed to broadcast at night to take advantage of the skip off the E(?) layer. 

BBC Radio6 Music is my station of choice (digital station in the UK, available online too) - they really have their fingers on the pulse for exciting new music for my money, with plenty of less-played classics as well. Lots of indie / electronica / folk, but plenty of soul, funk, world, etc depending on the DJ. The kind of station when you’ll hear XTC, Laura Veirs, Kate Tempest and Howlin’ Wolf back to back. I rarely listen for more than 20 minutes without hearing something new (to me) and wonderful (to me).

Not listened to Triple J before, but it sounds right up my street! Thanks for the tip.

well what set off for me was back around 2004, I was downing in a studio wiring gig doing 40,000 square feet of studio space with multiple rooms and all kinds of things.  We pulled many all nighters just to finish by the deadline. at that time they were doing h summer Olympic games in Greece. Public enemy and moby got together and did a song for the games.  not one station in the local aea played the song, I suspect due to the lyrics. Bu triple J did. and boy when it came on in the wee hours of the morning, it was like a B12 shot. we would all pick up  in spirit and just be uplifted. It stayed on in the shop ever sense.

Latest posts

Back