Building acoustic treatment on a budget

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the original topic of building budget treatments, I just finished (except for a skyline diffuser) a room in my new house.

All panels made from Owens Corning “Industrial Board” their answer to rogod Rockwell and covered in burlap from Joann fabric. Front and back bass traps are Roxul Safe n Sound doubled up for 6” thick absorbers.

Our living room was very reflective so I made some frames and my lady dyed some burlap to match our aesthetic. It’s so much more pleasant to listen to music in there now, and to converse. More pictures https://share.icloud.com/photos/0e-HxCh10RxiAQnhGMX0O-pBg

I owe a huge debt of gratitude to Ethan Winer. What he shared was accessible and invaluable. Go to realtraps.com and read all the articles on treatment.

Attachments

• 6EC7CB0D-CCE9-44B2-AD49-FDD468580B81.jpeg
    6EC7CB0D-CCE9-44B2-AD49-FDD468580B81.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
shabtek said:
congrats on new house B.
It's nice to see you around here too.

Thanks G!

I miss Chicago Group DIY meet ups. Perhaps more poignantly remembered in these isolated times. Nonetheless truly rare opportunities to learn from and commiserate with good people.

Back on topic, I got a heavy duty vinyl door sweep that I’m going to reinforce with some left over Auralex (TM) sheetbloc to do my best to seal the door to my studio and spare my wonderful partner from my noise.

Latest posts

Back