unauthorized renewals or orders by kaspersky

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kambo

are there any other people out there having issues with kaspersky ?

they used my old subscription data to place a new order! wow !

Kapersky has rumors of suspicious connections to hacker community in Russia.  I don't like repeating unverified rumors but don't trust them myself.
==
I have an issue with a real company that insists that they save my CC number to renew my newspaper subscription. I do not want them renewing my newspaper subscriptions after I'm dead. 

While I'm not sure why I care about that. :eek:

from WSJ terms and conditions said:
Please note that your subscription will renew automatically unless you cancel prior to renewal. Our secure server software encrypts information to protect your transaction.
JR

scott2000 said:
Today I tried logging into my bank today and it said it was locked because of too many incorrect password attempts.. :eek:

similar things happened to me too... not bank account but, some other accounts!
i think US is under serious cyber attack ... and
JohnRoberts said:
Kapersky has rumors of suspicious connections to hacker community in Russia.  I don't like repeating unverified rumors but don't trust them myself.
JR
its funny! most Russian crack softwares pass through Kapersky without an issue! and most gives alarm with Windown10's internal virus protection for spyware :eek:
i am talking about 10 years old softwares! nothing new, that windows 10 would pick!

JohnRoberts said:
I have an issue with a real company that insists that they save my CC number to renew my newspaper subscription. I do not want them renewing my newspaper subscriptions after I'm dead. 

While I'm not sure why I care about that. :eek:

JR
you should!
local newspaper aint gonna make much money after your death, but karpespky will be making
millions of $ if u think how many people die every year globally, and auto renewal!

why there is even auto renewal option... it takes 2 min to renewal your account with any software!
its clear that they want ur money weather u r dead or alive, or fighting for ur life in hospital.
auto renewal should be banned by law!

donate your money, house and your car to me, if u dont care for it  ;D

It WAS illegal to retain CC info in the US without customer consent, and I don't think that's changed. 

EmRR said:
It WAS illegal to retain CC info in the US without customer consent, and I don't think that's changed.
There are very strict rules about securing customer CC information. For my old website I had to go through the self-certification process once a year every July (many pages of questionnaires about security, systems, and processes..). Now I just use a much easier system where I never have to see or touch the customers credit card info... A link on my website sends the customer to a secure website where they do the data collection. I just get the name, address, and money.  8)

BUT if you wish to buy something from a vendor using a credit card you kind of have to tell somebody the number.

My newspaper drama involved them changing their website software the last time I came due for renewal. The only option I had was to set up a saved credit card acct number in their system, that I declined to do.

I got my credit card company to issue me a temporary CC number, but their website rejected that because the expiration date was that same month. I don't know if they are very clever or very stupid, probably the latter.

I then called their customer service phone number and tried to give a human my temporary CC number that was valid but that didn't work either...

This was all several months ago and I kind of forgot about until this week when my newspaper stopped arriving.  ::)

After a few days without I am almost getting used to no daily paper,,,  ;D  I have the read that paper every day since the 1970s, but over that time the paper has changed, and so have I. We'll see what we see.

JR

kambo said:
you should!
local newspaper aint gonna make much money after your death, but karpespky will be making
millions of $ if u think how many people die every year globally, and auto renewal!

why there is even auto renewal option... it takes 2 min to renewal your account with any software!
its clear that they want ur money weather u r dead or alive, or fighting for ur life in hospital.
auto renewal should be banned by law!

donate your money, house and your car to me, if u dont care for it  ;D
If I work it right I won't have any money left (converting it to beer).

Car is over 20 YO, house much older.  ::)

===

Subscription revenue is the hot new business model. Apple doesn't want to just sell you a phone, they want to sell you a "plan". 

JR

That might just be messed up cookies. Meaning maybe you once clicked on a link to an Ebay item on the Russian site and it set a cookie.

Delete all ebay cookies and then manually type "https://www.ebay.com/" into your address bar and re-login.

scott2000 said:
Just tried logging into My Ebay and got this??? Refreshed and it went to normal...... Tried it again and same strange characters....Is this Russian or something??? I sure home that says username and password and isn't mine....

Weird....

oooooooh thats not good!

Maybe your router is hijacked?

What brand and model is it? Have you ever updated the firmware?

Latest posts

Back