RIP: Aretha Franklin

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From ruffrecords link (thanks for making me watch this again :) )
As her fellow film star put it, “The Queen had a wry, skeptical eye on the world but once you got her laughing you were in. What a voice! What a soul,” Aykroyd, the only major living cast member left from the film’s “Think” scene, tweeted. “Angel choirs should prepare for increased rehearsal and discipline.”

I feel big passion for that old soul music, it´s my sound for special moments, good or bad, and love THAT woman, her voice made sexy a spiritual thing...rather than sadness I feel more happiness that she´s been here.

ruffrecords said:
Yup thanks,

I inadvertently watched one of sundry blues brother's sequels about a week ago with low expectations (a lot of the original stars are long gone). It's basically an extrapolation of a SNL skit on steroids, but they seem to get the music right.

It was worth watching for the music alone, I would watch the next BB sequel if they can keep the music quality up to the same level.

JR

PS; Aretha is a lot more than a player in an old BB movie, but it was a sign of the respect she deserved and got for her music career. RIP

As a kid I listened to the the songs of my parents and older sister and brother which was a lot of pop songs from the 50’s and 60’s.  I Rember hearing, “I ain’t Never loved a Man”.  Something changed in me with that song.  It was the first song I heard by Aretha and my love of the blues started with that song at the age of 10.  Such a spiritual experience.  RIP Aretha.

fazer said:
As a kid I listened to the the songs of my parents and older sister and brother which was a lot of pop songs from the 50’s and 60’s.  I Rember hearing, “I ain’t Never loved a Man”.  Something changed in me with that song.  It was the first song I heard by Aretha and my love of the blues started with that song at the age of 10.  Such a spiritual experience.  RIP Aretha.

Cool

Latest posts

Back