ssl9k, green, 312 powering questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asm

how many boards can i run off of a single PSU on the green, ssl9k, and 312? whats the determining factor also?

one more thing, why toroid transformer instead of normal style. a few of the ones i looked at were around 70$ for the toroid which sounded way high. what should i look at price range for these 15 to 18v ones. any reccomendations?

thanks!
taylor

The 312 pulls a bit more current, prolly somewhere in the 200mA range. Someone chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

[quote author="asm"]how many boards can i run off of a single PSU on the green, ssl9k, and 312?[/quote]

Depends on the transformer and the PSU circuit you use...

[quote author="asm"]whats the determining factor also?[/quote]

How much current your boards will pull from the PSU, vs. how much current the PSU can actually provide without overheating/shutting-down/blowing-up.

[quote author="asm"]what should i look at price range for these 15 to 18v ones. any reccomendations?[/quote]

Digikey has Amveco toroidals at around 20 bucks ( a little more or less depending on VA).

Peace,
Al.

thanks guys. i'll grab 2 of the cheap toroids for my 6ch of green.

the ssl9k calls for 20-0-20, would the same toroid work?

rf tested them and got:

15.64 vac open circuit
15.25 vac @ .75A
15.15 vac @ 1.0A
14.87 vac @ 1.5A
14.18 vac @ 3.0A
Since these were rated at 14 vac per winding, I am assuming they are rated at 28 vct @ 3.0A (series connection)
Or, 14 vac @ 6.0A (parallel connection)

thanks!

taylor

Latest posts

Back