A drink for the Old Farts who don't show up no More

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi dirtyhanfry,
This is not corelated to what end user prefer to use...
Euphonix cs serie of console proved the idea to be highly effective but the success was really relative in a commercial point of view at least in EU.
They moved to system5 as their next system which is a digital approach for good reason ( for what i ve seen maintenance could be a real nightmare with the CS despite a very clever approach).

It’s been around 20 years since the launch of CS Series (didn’t found reliable info, but seems to be mid 90’s).

Both computers and users changed quite a bit since then.

For what i ve seen the maintenance nightmare wasn t computer or ergonomics ( which was more or less the same as using plug ins in your typical daw this days and as i said the system was clever with a control surface including screen- not dissimilar of an digidesign icon- and 'the cubes' where electronic was located) but in the interface needed to drive the analog parts.
And the sound was good to me too, nothing i wouldn t have used in a pro control room.

Maybe they was too much in advance for theyr time but i doubt this was the reason.
Yes computer have changed in 20 years, people not really... right or wrong young sound engineers still crave for Neve older than they re grandpa ( without any hint of automation)!

Attrition is normal.

I think what’s lacking is a clear mission statement. Clearly many are unhappy. What would you like this place to be?

How about getting rid of this brewery? Or at least ban all political talk? Maybe only those actually interested in audio would remain?

I’m grateful for all of your expertise, and even for when experts have refused to answer my questions. It made me learn to rely on myself more.

Love you guys.

Mike

Phrazemaster said:
Attrition is normal.
exactly
I think what’s lacking is a clear mission statement.
The mission of this forum is free form but seems pretty well established (IMO but opinions vary).

1. A repository of useful old product data (like schematics).
2. a resource where technical questions can generally be answered by experienced members (we have many).
3. A place to share community with like minded people (from all around the world).
Clearly many are unhappy.
Sounds like "their" personal problem. I find it amusing when people complain about free advice but i'm old and cranky. We didn't have resources like this. Few appreciate what a treasure this forum is.
What would you like this place to be?
I haven't noticed people being reluctant to share opinions about that either.
How about getting rid of this brewery?
then where would you post stuff like this?
Or at least ban all political talk?
This is about the only forum I have seen that successfully allows discussing the two taboos, religion and politics. Most forums ban such discussion because it is so hard to keep civil.  I am really proud of forum members who with few exceptions don't abuse this place. 
Maybe only those actually interested in audio would remain?
Who here isn't interested in audio (that is still here)?
I’m grateful for all of your expertise, and even for when experts have refused to answer my questions. It made me learn to rely on myself more.
teaching a man to fish is a far better gift than giving him free fish.

JR

PS: The way random threads turn into off topic discussion blogs reveals the community spirit of this place and value of the brewery (IMO) but of course opinions vary.

Love you guys.

Mike

analag said:
Analogue is for capture, it's the camera. Manipulation is unquestioned in the box, true automation of every single parameter. I
Yeah, but you can only add so much polish to a t..d.

Cheers

Ian

Getting back to the op, it happens, people come and go,  That is life, we welcome them as part of our journey perhaps they will be again. Analog I have much respect for you and what you have done here and elsewhere but coming around every so often to shit stir doesn't do anyone any good.

I'm liking an analag contribution ..  from years ago ....  it was a schem  for an  pp amp - balanced thru out, in the style of the tube preamps and  limiters of yore  .. 

but  with some modern tweeks, like some cross coupled nfb and a ss current source in the first stage.

Years ago I thought it was very interesting ..  nowadays,  I know there is precedent,  but nonetheless, I'm kind of excited to do something along those lines in my soon-to-drill limiter/amp  build.

:)

Latest posts

Back