Favorite small value blocking capacitors?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To make matters more confusing re cider there are a bunch of apple flavored malt beverages available which have nothing to do with English style cider.

New York State is promoting cider making and giving tax breaks. New York State grows a lot of apples.

The local wine store has this French pear cider that comes in a Champagne style bottle. It is incredibly good, probably the best cider I’ve had, but the bottle is $20 and you get like four small glasses. We had to stop drinking it. Couldn’t afford it.

I hope to be able to audition capacitors in EQ circuits soon. I will not post results.

There are a few good ciders over here in NZ but what you really need are the proper heritage variety apples to make a decent cider. I find France and England have the best commercially available ciders, using traditional cider apples (a mixture of bitter, sour, bitter-sweet, sweet, &c).

I made some cider from a local apple variety (I live in one of the world's great apple meccas) that had a very high sugar content, small size and deep red skin. The cider lacked aromatics and balance (the tannins, acid and bitterness), but packed a punch at 9% alcohol and had a nice golden colour. Bashing the apples up is the hardest part (I use a pole and a 20L bucket, it takes a while), I had a neat little oak wood press until my dad tipped paint onto it.

I have a 50L oak barrel that I used for winemaking that I am thinking of filling up with apple spirit in an effort to make a Calvados-type brandy. Or maybe use an old port barrel from one of the local wineries. I have had some very fine Calvados over the years, rivaling some of the Cognacs and Armagnacs I have drunk.  Time to go find a beer (sun over the yardarm here).

gar381 said:
Back on subject 🍺 try Murata RCE series

GARY
The Murata catalogue is hard to decipher. What would make the RCE series particularly suitable for audio, and why would they be better than their non-automotive counterpart, the RDE series?
There's absolutely no mention of linearity in their catalogue (and those of most of their competitors).

Latest posts

Back