Mount Cyanide's 323 Discrete Opamp and 500 Series Mic Preamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to add on this thread. I recently got a pair of the of the 323 Opamps from Cyrus (Mount Cyanide). I'm really enjoying them in some CAPI VP28 and VP25 preamps I built. I'm using them in the VP28 with a pair of GARam10 opamps and loving the sounds I'm getting on my drum overheads. The 323's are a nice compliment to what I perceive as the more mid-forward am10s. Overhead mics are WA47's.

I've used 323's mostly in preamps for drums thus far and they also add a nice presence to snare that I'm capturing with a 251 clone.

Overall, super pumped on them, especially at the price point already assembled. Plus Cyrus is super responsive and communicative.

Attachments

• A3853857-3F58-4427-87BA-8AB22673540E.jpg
    A3853857-3F58-4427-87BA-8AB22673540E.jpg
    904 KB · Views: 19
Thank you, James. I appreciate the kind words. I'm gonna keep the 323 opamps (in 2520 form factor) exclusive to groupdiy as I'm just integrating it onto my full circuit boards (mic pre, eq, compressors and whatever else may come up) from here on out. Enjoy!

Raising funds for my new 323 Mic Pre and new studio build so I'm gonna blow out this fully built 818 prototype. It's got some minor cosmetic flaws but is functioning flawlessly.
The first one here has some blemishes on the front panel near the LED meter. I drilled it out by hand and it got scratched.
The aluminum sled has a few scratches and one too many drill holes (!)
I was figuring things out with this one.
Comes fully ready to go with a brand new Jensen input transformer, brand new Pikatron D.I. transformer and a vintage Jensen JT-11DM in the output. BLU-18 discrete op amp is included. If you'd like one of my 323 op amps instead just let me know.
$350 free shipping in the continental USA.
$350  plus shipping for international.

https://www.mountcyanide.shop/product-page/818-mic-and-instrument-preamplifier

Attachments

• 818 FRONT blemished 2.gif
    818 FRONT blemished 2.gif
    251.8 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back