changing infill color in frontpanel designer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagoose

I was wondering if it's possible to change the color of the infill of all objects in (schaeffer) frontpael desginer at once.
For instance, when going from white to black infill it takes quite some time to do so, because you have to change all objects one by one.  Pretty time-consuming.  :mad: There should be a more elegant and easy solution. Maybe some kind of text-editor? Anyone?

dagoose said:
I was wondering if it's possible to change the color of the infill of all objects in (schaeffer) frontpael desginer at once.
For instance, when going from white to black infill it takes quite some time to do so, because you have to change all objects one by one.  Pretty time-consuming.  :mad: There should be a more elegant and easy solution. Maybe some kind of text-editor? Anyone?

Sometimes it is possible to select them all, make them a group ,and then change the infill in the group properties.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Sometimes it is possible to select them all, make them a group ,and then change the infill in the group properties.

Cheers

Ian
Yes, that works if you just have text. But as soon as you have some engraving (holes and things) going on that doesn't work.  :(

dagoose said:
Yes, that works if you just have text. But as soon as you have some engraving (holes and things) going on that doesn't work.  :(

That's why I said sometimes!!.The only other way I can think of is to create all your engraving as a separate HPGL file and import it. Then you can change the infill for the whole lot in one go.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
That's why I said sometimes!!.The only other way I can think of is to create all your engraving as a separate HPGL file and import it. Then you can change the infill for the whole lot in one go.

Cheers

Ian
There should be a way to do it more elegant and simple, I can't imagine  it's that complicated.
Maybe I will just contact Scheaffer and ask for an added functionallity.

dagoose said:
There should be a way to do it more elegant and simple, I can't imagine  it's that complicated.
Maybe I will just contact Scheaffer and ask for an added functionallity.

If there is I have yet to find it. Schaeffer has an excellent archive of help questions on its web site. They are also good at responding to queries. For example, I discovered that the vector output files could no longer be read by many image editing software. This was because Schaeffer used the latest svg spec which the editing programs had not yet caught up with. They showed me how to edit the file so older programs could read it.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back