IM07TS for Don Classics U76 ... alibaba and/or alternatives

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teej

Hey yall,

Building a pair of Don Classics U76. I'm completely green to sourcing parts for a build (previous projects have been all-in kits) and I need some basics explained to me.

The TE Connectivity IM07TS relay is out of stock on Mouser. Searching for IM07TS on Alibaba turns up tons of results and a few with a minimum order of 1 (I need 2) so that's great! But...

1) Are they likely to be real TE Connectivity IM07TS or off-brand?
2) Does it even matter? Looking at the schematic for the U76, I couldn't see the relay in the audio path, but I could also be wrong about that. Sound / reliability are my concerns.
3) Someone on gearslutz suggested I could use any relay of the same spec in its place and didn't need to worry about it being a TE Connectivity one. But then he deleted his post.  :eek: Seems to make sense though. Is that correct? If so, what should I be looking for? Any "DPDT 2A 250V" relay or are there specific specs I should be trying to match up?

Thanks!

dbonin said:
What Rob said,  and don't go under spec  - dont go below 2A  or below 250V

I.e.  a 3A 300V would be ok etc.

To be honest you could go under.  What is the relay being used for in that unit that draws 2A or even 1A.  The whole module doesn't draw an amp in current from the PSU.  If it's being used for the signal it wan't be anything like an Amp.  In reality most relays of that footprint will prob do 2A or more though.

Rob Flinn said:
Use any rely with the same specs & more importantly footprint.  There will be loads to choose from.  OMRON is a brand that springs to mind.

dbonin said:
What Rob said,  and don't go under spec  - dont go below 2A  or below 250V

I.e.  a 3A 300V would be ok etc.

Rob Flinn said:
To be honest you could go under.  What is the relay being used for in that unit that draws 2A or even 1A.  The whole module doesn't draw an amp in current from the PSU.  If it's being used for the signal it wan't be anything like an Amp.  In reality most relays of that footprint will prob do 2A or more though.

Cool, thanks! I believe I'm starting to understand this correctly. It appears this is a smaller than normal DIP relay. (0.2 inch instead of 0.3 inch) And then I need to confirm which pin is which on the IM07TS, and then find a match somewhere else.

Teej said:
Cool, thanks! I believe I'm starting to understand this correctly. It appears this is a smaller than normal DIP relay. (0.2 inch instead of 0.3 inch) And then I need to confirm which pin is which on the IM07TS, and then find a match somewhere else.

Almost any relay with that footprint will have the correct pin out.  The DIP relays tend to come in generic pin outs, a bit like MOST DIP op amps.

Back