GSSL external sidechain schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirty1_1garry

Hi folks!

Wonna add external sidechain to GSSL comp. For example - compressing pad keys from external triggered kick (line balanced signal).
Spend a couple minutes and got this (attached). DPDT switch or relay for switching internal sidechain signal from L/R  input buffer to the same spot of mono external input (same as L'R input buffer.)
Looks like should work. yes/no?
Same principle was found in Valley Dynamite.

Attachments

• GSSL sch ext1.png
    GSSL sch ext1.png
    393.4 KB · Views: 148
frederickalonso said:
Maybe include a M/S function too?
M / S mean that you have two separate channels, one become M and second - S.
Mixbus have jointed threshold / attack / release / make up for both channels.
For M/S it's necessary design two separate channels with it's own controls that can be linked for stereo mode or decoded for M/S.

gyraf said:
There is a sidechain audio insert link on the PCB already, where you can just attach a switching jack connector..

Jakob E.

Hi Jakob!
yes I know, but I think buffered input would be better especially for balanced input of key input signal.

gyraf said:
You probably won't need balanced at that point - and the impedances are quite decent there..
Jakob E.

Well, that mean in typical studio situation where I will have balanced xlr for key input I can simply use XLR>TS cable and connect TS to SC in.
got it, thnks!

gyraf said:
There is a sidechain audio insert link on the PCB already, where you can just attach a switching jack connector..

Jakob E.

Hi Jakob.

Just to clarify, can I attach a TS jack to the HPF connection on the PCB? If so could you advise on how to wire this?  Sorry im not too technical.

Thanks.

Hi Jakob.

Just to clarify, can I attach a TS jack to the HPF connection on the PCB? If so could you advise on how to wire this? Sorry im not too technical.

Thanks.
Also interested in this! I'm also setting up the Super Sidechain mod, so would need to wire up accordingly. Any guidance on how to go about this would be much appreciated!

Latest posts

Back