Geoff emerickšŸ˜„

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad to hear and unexpected! I thought he was in good health...

Hard to believe.Ā  He is only four years older than me and he was doing a Q&A session on GS just the other week, He will be sorely missed.

Ian

He had a wonderful opportunity, imagine being 16 and your first day on the job is in the studio with the Beatles recording "She Loves You"!

A life well lived, but finished way too soon.

No news stations running it yet, not even as breaking news, all sorts of other meaningless crap...........disgraceful.

RIP

DaveP

He seemed like a fairly straight ahead kind of guy. No nonsense.

I knew him personally.Ā  He was a kind man and always willing to chat with a bloke about anything. He would come to our audio lunches on wednesday's. He told me how 2 X 660's is better then a 1 x 670. he knew a ton and was generous with it all.Ā  Such a shameĀ  this probably won't make any news outlet.

His book of his beatles days was very interesting and a grreat read.

rip one of the great lights of music engineering and production.

Each time I listen, I marvel at how good the recordings are even after so many years, I am amazed by some new thing in the sonics.

I have digital versions in various formats from modern times and they sound fantastic. The mono masters digitised (japan I think) are super to put thru tube amps and big boxesĀ  ;D

Of course, his early years of gloryĀ  were just part of his story .....

pucho812 said:
One trick me told me was that he runs 1176's across his stereo bus.

he sets them up with no audio present and then mixes toĀ  them.Ā  :eek:

Old school.

The gain 'riding' and expert, strongĀ  compression on the guitars especially, really thrills me.
The eq'ing makes me wish I could too.

I love when you hear the limiting on the cymbals' envelope,Ā  of Ringo's distinctive drummingĀ  ...

The recordings on those two albu,Ā  r.s and rev,Ā  are super super fab.

ANd, some of S.P.M's great Wings albums thatĀ  Geoff E.Ā  worked ...Ā  I was a kid of the early 70s and I remember them so very well!

I rememberĀ  reading an interview with him, and his favourite recording moment was the crescendo in the middle of Day in the Life from Sgt Peppers.

Still one of my favourite songs.

RIP

Latest posts

Back