• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: MK-47 built Lower price/ Make an offer SOLD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pip

SOLD!!!

Edit:

So the masses have not spoken so I guess not the right price. Make an offer and this could be yours!

Hee hee

So after many years of it sitting and not being used I am selling my Max MK-47.

Max Kircher MK-47 PCB and transformer

Thiersch Elektroakustik M-7 Redline Capsule

WE 408a Tubes

Gotham cable with Binder connectors

Equinox Systems Body

Hammond PSU box with Zayance PSU PCB

Sold as-is working

Shock mount

USD $Name your price

US ONLY SORRY NYC PICK UP POSSIBLE

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 203
If you get a chance to put it up again, and haven't experimented with the polarity, you might see what you get by flipping phase.

I recently came to the conclusion that the way the output transformer/pcb is set up, the +/- outputs are flipped (? Don't quote me on this, but that's all I could figure out) Or maybe I'm overlooking something, but I checked and rechecked all the variables I could think of, and my MK47 was reversed compared to all my other mics.

I don't know. Just thought I'd mention. Still sounded pretty great with reverse polarity, but definitely more lows, when straightened out.

JW said:
If you get a chance to put it up again, and haven't experimented with the polarity, you might see what you get by flipping phase.

I recently came to the conclusion that the way the output transformer/pcb is set up, the +/- outputs are flipped (? Don't quote me on this, but that's all I could figure out) Or maybe I'm overlooking something, but I checked and rechecked all the variables I could think of, and my MK47 was reversed compared to all my other mics.

I don't know. Just thought I'd mention. Still sounded pretty great with reverse polarity, but definitely more lows, when straightened out.

That is not the reason I am offering it. I never noticed a problem with polarity with this mic and neither did the other engineers that have used it in the last few years. If I may ask so that myself and others can understand, where did you remedy this issue? Did you rewire the outputs of PCB to the connector or did you rewire the output at the PSU?

My main reason for putting this up for sale is lack of use and it needs a home. If you read my contributions to this forum you will see my opinions on the two tube concept and its plus and minus issues. I have done a lot of listening to the two tube and single tube solutions and I have drawn my conclusions and moved on.

This is a fine tube based microphone with all that entails. I am not unhappy with the resulting microphone but I just don't use it enough to warrant  keeping it around.

Hi Pip,

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that there's anything wrong with the MK47 (on your sale post!) or that you weren't using it right or something.  Just something that had puzzled me and was ignored on the MK47 thread. This should really be elsewhere, sorry. First second and third thoughts were that I had flipped it somewhere but I never could figure out where. When I corrected it, I did it on the PCB. Swapped A+/-

Great sounding mic. Hope somebody enjoys. it. 

Just

Latest posts

Back