SIEMENS PM-UV MIC Pre Schematics needed.!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the two modules last night. Will upload some more pics later.

But is there anyone who might know that console these were used in or any other info?

All I have found so far online is that they are prob made in the 80s and are similar to the Telefunken V672/2 and Neumann V476B soundwise according to this site.

http://vintageaudiogearbox.com/goods/preamps/siemens/PMUV.html

Sent them a mail a couple of weeks for help/info but haven't gotten a reply.  Anyone who knows if he/she is hanging around here?

Attachments

• received_499050264158911.jpeg
    received_499050264158911.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 39
Zebra_PD said:
All I have found so far online is that they are prob made in the 80s and are similar to the Telefunken V672/2 and Neumann V476B soundwise according to this site.

Sent them a mail a couple of weeks for help/info but haven't gotten a reply.  Anyone who knows if he/she is hanging around here?

That is a nice site with some good info, but it appears to have been "silent" for some time now.

mjrippe said:
That is a nice site with some good info, but it appears to have been "silent" for some time now.

Yeah still no reply on my mail to them. I'm probably be able to figure out most of the design from re-engineering the design of the boards. Have not opened them up yet though. Have had a lot of work in the studio this week and fixing up a first generation Valley Dyna-mite I got at the same time as the siemens modules. Will try to open it up this weekend and add some pictures to the tread.

My main worry is if it does not have l an onboard voltage regulation circuit I can use to find out the power pins and voltage requirements. Dont want to end up frying them by applying to much voltage or mix up the positive and negative voltage.

On most of the german broadcast gear I have seen of the time the PSU was in a seperat module.

Its larger and have different pinout connections then the smaller and more well documented V series modules preamps I have seen from Siemens and Neumann.

This is probably a +24V module, as were most of the West-German "Rundfunk" stuff. East Germany used -24.

synthiaks said:
This is probably a +24V module, as were most of the West-German "Rundfunk" stuff. East Germany used -24.

That's really good info :)

Havent had a chance to start digging in deep on the boards yet. To many other project going on at the moment.

+24V and +-15V ist both possible, at least at the Mixing Amplifier PM-2MV I bought some years ago. I have added the Schematic, perhaps it will help You figuring out the pinout connections

Attachments

• Siemens PM-2MV.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 58
Got the two modules last night. Will upload some more pics later.

But is there anyone who might know that console these were used in or any other info?

Sent them a mail a couple of weeks for help/info but haven't gotten a reply. Anyone who knows if he/she is hanging around here?
And a question after 6 years. Are you happy with these? How do they sound?

Back