Thinking about selling my D-LA2A

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdeboda

In a pretty sticky financial situation and starting to consider the possibility of selling my dual LA2A. Not many people want to sell these so it's hard to find info on what others have sold for.  Here are the specs for mine:

x2 Sowter 4383 Inputs
x2 Sowter 8940 Output
x2 Elma Stepped Gain Knobs
Kenetic Stereo Matched T4Bs
x2 S/C Mod on Grayhill 71 Series 5 Position Rotaries

x2 NOS RCA 6AQ5As
x2 matched Electro-Harmonix 12BH7s
x4 matched JJ Electronic 12AX7s

I literally hand matched EVERY single resistor/cap pair in each channel. I tried multiple tube configurations with many different tubes until both channels tracked perfectly with each other. C4 in each channel is adjusted so that the frequency response is nearly perfectly matched.

This thing really is a beast and I honestly never intended to sell it. It sounds SO good (can't really do it justice with words) and I really don't want to sell it for less than I paid for it (about $1600 total).

I've got frequency response and compression curves graphs as well, including frequency response charts in each position of the S/C knob at ~5dB compression. Not sure if that will help me sell this thing but I've got em. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• CH1_CH2-Frequency_Response.pdf
    107.6 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back