Dynacord CLS222 footswitch and connection/impedance questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazeka

I have a Dynacord CLS222 incoming, two questions.

1. It has no footswitch. The original footswitch was a two-button affair:

ozpZGOE.jpg

I'm no EE, but it seems that looking at the schematic:

cNErOUo.jpg

It seems that I could build a footswitch in a Hammond die-cast enclosure with two SPST footswitches wired to a TRS 1/4" plug. Tip to one terminal on one SPST for the chorale/tremolo speeds, ring to one terminal on the other SPST for rotors on/off. Correct? If so, what do I do with the other terminal on each SPST? Does each of these go to the sleeve of the TRS plug?

2. I notice that the input is probably for instruments (50k ohm input impedance):

zE93UNI.jpg

I want to send signals out of my Neotek to this unit and returning back to the Neotek 2-buss. The Neotek out is obviously line level with lower impedance (don't know how much but I'm guessing it's lower, not sure if it's 10x lower which is my vague recollection for bridging?). Question is: can I use this unit with my Neotek (and other studio equipment) with no ill effects or is it really just for musical instrument use?

Cheers,
Chris

tip - sleeve  slow-fast
ring-sleeve  start-stop

Input is line input (instrument input has 500k-1M impedance) so you can use it with your console without  any problem with impedances mismatch.

moamps said:
tip - sleeve  slow-fast
ring-sleeve  start-stop

Great! I guess I was right then.  :)

moamps said:
Input is line input (instrument input has 500k-1M impedance) so you can use it with your console without  any problem with impedances mismatch.

I was wrong here, I thought 50k was instrument, guess I forgot a zero!  :eek: Thank you!  ;D

Back