Aes lol's

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

This was a good one yesterday
It came from the mix with the masters booth.

"The tape emulation plugin was good when I put it on the mix. But then I turned it on 30 ips and watched the bass get huge."

??? ::) :(

I'm sure Bypass would have given even more monstrous low end.
I arrived in New Haven early this morning (from L.A.) -spending my birthday out here and thought I'd make it to Day 2. But with said birthday (and each) apparently comes a dwindling of stamina ;D - had to sleep. I hope Day 3 is a energetic as the previous days.

pucho812 said:
Today's was good

"Look at that guy playing bass, thinks he is getting laid at a trade show"
In manhattan you need to hit the streets at lunchtime to scope out the secretaries...  but not as much high quality traffic over by Javits.

JR

Not so much a LOL as a jaw dropper. Many moons ago, AKG used to employ Bunny Girls to promote their products. Arriving at an AES one year, the poor girls had nowhere to change. Neve were showing a particularly tall console at that show so my old boss offered to let them change behind the Neve - and they did.

Cheers

Ian

This might need to move?

AES what did you think?

IMO it has become a room of not so future digital obsolescence and Dante Dante Dante (AES 67ish) to hook it all up (Sorry Ravena we barely knew you)! Heck there was even a Dante implementation of media facility control for lighting and projection screen control! Speaker tech has come along and people were raving about the new Blue Horn Meyer stuff.

I do like that the NAB is now right next door. But sadly NAB has gotten bigger and AES headed the other way. It is an interesting yet stagnant time in pro audio.

It was good to see the old friends and IMO those making timeless kit Mr. Josephson of Josephson mics,  Ms. Manley and Mr. Fearn.

One news worthy item if you will allow me.  Triad-Orbit has licensed the rights and is making Starbird Mic stands and all the parts fit the old stands!

They are "personal assistants now"!!! Lol!!!Yes the neighborhood is not what it used to be. Some might say thats a good thing but I reserve my opinion in this area!

scott2000 said:
.... I didn't see that in the manual.... :D
Back when I was writing construction articles for popular electronics I would go into the city about once a year to meet with the editor of PE... Going out onto the street in Manhattan at lunchtime to scope out VPL  was an unspoken tradition.

My apologies in advance to the PC police.  ::)

JR

The new Prism D-Scope M1 for about $3500 USD was the highlight for me. I won't be buying one anytime soon but it seems like a great deal for such a sophisticated analyzer.

Gold said:
The new Prism D-Scope M1 for about $3500 USD was the highlight for me. I won't be buying one anytime soon but it seems like a great deal for such a sophisticated analyzer.

We had dscopes at my old gig. They are not bad but they do have some drawbacks.  Lack of sleep so I can't remember them at this time. Will get back to that

Gold said:

That tech spec is just WOW. THD and noise holy crap!

Latest posts

Back