switching 10468 transformer as line input

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dimitree

Hello
I've read that the 10468 input transformer on the Neve 1073 (and similar) can be wired so that it accepts a line input signal (with an additional resistor pad too).
I'm not an expert so I don't know how to wire it on my 1290 clone (that only has the mic input, no line in) so that I can switch between mic and line input using the same transformer.
I can't find an example schematic anywhere.
I'd like to use a DP4T switch if possible, instead of relays.

can anyone help me?

many thanks
Dimitri

Thank you,
Sorry if I’m wrong, but this to me looks just a switchable pad, it doesn’t look like the wiring on the transformer is actually reversed. Am I missing something?

Dimitree said:
..but this to me looks just a switchable pad, it doesn’t look like the wiring on the transformer is actually reversed
It is switchable pad in the front of an microphone preamplifier.  You shouldn't reverse  your input transformer,  just you need to insert the pad in the input if you like to use the same input XLR connector for mic and line input. If  you like to use separate XLR or TRS for line input, you should insert the fixed attenuator on that connector and use a DPDT switch to switch between mic and line input.

thank you,
what is the difference between a pad before the input transf. and after the input transf.?
I've seen some put it before

Dimitree said:
thank you,
what is the difference between a pad before the input transf. and after the input transf.?
I've seen some put it before
A pad should be placed before the microphone transformer in order to not overload it with line signal.

Back