G9 Power Transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cletus monroe

Hello All,
Has anyone wired up a G9 using avel lindberg transformers, model # y236103? They have 8 wires as opposed to the six shown in Frank's
diagram from the NRG site. WHat to do with them two "extra" wires?
If anyone could help or point me to the right thread I would greatly
appreciate it.
Thanks,
Cletus

what about this one?:

* Primary 115 VAC, 60 Hz.
* Designed for small power or bias supplies, test equipment, preamps etc.
* Economical , 2 hole channel bracket, chassis mount.
* Minimum 5" long leads.
* Convenient 6.3 or 12.6 volt filament/auxiliary winding.

Secondary: 250 VCT, 45 mA
Filament winding: 6.3 V, 1 A
Mounting centers: 2.81" u-bracket
Weight: 1 lbs.

it's for tube based amps and it's only 29$

Yep !
I will start with the recommended parts and give these tranformers a try later.

Thank you Jakob for your fast reply.

Gregory

really stupid question here, i have ended up with a 4U enclosure as i couldn't use it for another project, whats the reason i cant build 4 G9 pres into it?

it looks like theres enough space, and all the 2U examples i have seen have ample room, will the large doughnut things at the back of the cases get too 'noisy' in the box (i'd have 4 in there after all) or are there any other reasons why not.

i'm a couple of weeks away from finishing the first 4 green pres, so just thinking about the next batch of 4 that i do, and the tubes would be nice.

any advice would be welcome, even if its just to the relevant Meta as at the moment i cant find the reason, and seeing as how you guys build just about every conceivable permutation i was wondering about this one

Iain

Is this transformer ok for the G9 ?

http://www.musikding.de/product_info.php/info/p1400_Toroidal-transformer-230V----270V--14V.html

Hi ! Does anyone know, if i can use two center tapped regular transformers in an external case for the g9? Im from argentina and its really hard to find toroidal transformers over here.
Thanks 

center tapped don't work, as the two 15V windings must be isolated from each other for the phantom-doubler to work (see schematic)

Or look in the official G9 help thread, under  / Project Specific Discussions / Preamplifiers

Jakob E.

What about hooking up, the second trafo, the phantom power, and the heater to just one 15v trafo? Would that be ok?

Latest posts

Back