V672 universal amplifier

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andow

Hey, just wanted to show you my latest build: stereo V672 - racked with lots of bells and whistles.  8)

Can be used as microphone preamp, line amp, DI-box (Bo Hansen), distribution amp (two outputs) and summing amp (with external summing resistors). And I can already tell that this will get a lot of use, these old german modules sound excellent!

Attachments

• DSC00902_1024x683.JPG
    DSC00902_1024x683.JPG
    395.3 KB · Views: 112
[silent:arts] said:
Great looking  and realy universal, good job  8)

Thanks, really appreciate it!
You might have noticed some ideas are inspired from your designs... ;)

saint gillis said:
Great job, how did you print the panel?

Thanks! The case and front-/backpanel are from Frank from frontpanels.de. Highly recommended, btw! This is the best 19" case I ever had...

Very nice looking. I racked a pair of these a few years ago.
Because they have dual outputs, you can take a pair like this and a a mid-side output. I remember it was very cool.

Pretty nice unit...  I was building a very similar version at the same time : )

Have a look at the pic!

I am using the same Gain-Control.  Two Grayhill rotary switches for the input resistor-pairs and the feedback resistors and also brought the +/- 1,5 dB Trim-Pot to the front. I am not using an additional PAD as the Gain-Range is from 0dB up to 63dB (for sure, you Gain-Range is from -20dB upwards.
I added a bridged T-Pad Attenuator for the Output (also a Grayhill). So, you are able to drive the V672-transformers into nice saturation. Together with the "free-Mode" of the Gain-Control, you have multiple possibilities to shape the Sound.

I also brought the V672-internal Highcut (Air-band, 15kHz) to the front and added a DI-Input plus link. So, you are able to connect your Amp AND record the signal. The LED-Meter is a Neumann MO33 which they are using in their U5072 danner-format meters. The brightness of the LEDs is dimmable.

I am thinking about creating a 2-channel bridged T-Pad, so, that I can also use the second transformer-balanced output as well.
But that means a Grayhill-switch with crazy 38 Resistors on it!

It is very nice to see all these DIY and racking-projects and all the crazy people who are spending so much time on it! Very inspiring, thank you all!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
Sorry,

the size of the pic was bad to handle...

Hope this is better...

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 31
Back