AKG D-20 with loose capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMightyReel

Hi all,

I have an AKG D-20 with a loose capsule. All working but is rattling around a bit inside. I see everything should be anchored to the bottom of the casing with a bolt that seems like it could be tightened, but not obvious how. Any suggestions gratefully received. I don't want to wreck it. :)

Cheers,

I haven't taken one of these apart for awhile so I don't remember exactly how it works inside.
But first step is to take off the wire grills.
Two small set screws from the bottom need to be loosened (screws go up through the plastic ring).
Once the screws are back, pull the grills up and out. I've had to kind of push up from the bottom on them to get them to release.
Once you have the grills off you'll probably be able to see what is loose and allowing things to rattle.

dmp said:
I haven't taken one of these apart for awhile so I don't remember exactly how it works inside.
But first step is to take off the wire grills.
Two small set screws from the bottom need to be loosened (screws go up through the plastic ring).
Once the screws are back, pull the grills up and out. I've had to kind of push up from the bottom on them to get them to release.
Once you have the grills off you'll probably be able to see what is loose and allowing things to rattle.

Thanks. Yep, did that and found a bolt connecting the frame of the capsule with the rest of the structure (hollow bolt, cables run through). This was the culprit.

Latest posts

Back