A democracy in crisis

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveP said:
Back on topic:

Where is the next Democratic Presidential candidate?

Only two years to go and no sign of one!

I've read that most people expect it to be Biden?

Doesn't there need to be someone for the voting public to get to know?  They can't just spring an unknown at the last minute, surely?

What a weird system you have over there.

DaveP

We like out of nowhere Presidents. No one knew who Clinton was when he ran. Bush was the opposite. Obama was a little known first time senator. Trump. Democrats are itching to take on Trump. I think someone good will emerge because of all the interest. None of the commonly floated names seem right to me.  I actually think it’s too early to tip  your hand if you are serious.

DaveP said:
Back on topic:

Where is the next Democratic Presidential candidate?

Only two years to go and no sign of one!

I've read that most people expect it to be Biden?

Doesn't there need to be someone for the voting public to get to know?  They can't just spring an unknown at the last minute, surely?

What a weird system you have over there.

DaveP
It is still too early to know with any certainty, but people are starting to assemble lists... at this point politicians with name recognition will rank high on the list so Biden, Bernie, and the like, score top spots... I doubt they will remain that high but with pot being legalized in more states who knows?  ::)

[edit] and how could I forget Hillary? She still has beaucoup name recognition and likely wants the job. [/edit]
JR

Wonder why nobody in media is mentioning Andrew Yang......fazer's thread introduced his name to me personally and I think he'll be someone interesting to watch......

Andrew Yang's Pitch to America - We Must Evolve to a New Form of Capitalism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkH0xGUgR0c

Gold said:
We like out of nowhere Presidents. No one knew who Clinton was when he ran.
enough knew who he was to win the primary... He was (is) a very popular ex-governor from Arkansas. Southern governors gained currency after Jimmy Carter won the WH.  Living in MS for decades I have heard much gossip about him, partying around with MS governor (Mabus). Reportedly he was a horndog back then too.  ::)
Bush was the opposite.
Bush was part of another political family dynasty (not unlike the Kennedys).
Obama was a little known first time senator.
He was well known regionally and cultivated by the Chicago political machine. He made his bones at the democratic convention with a very successful speech.
yes he is the square peg in modern politics... One popular theory is that he stood out as different on a stage full of similar conventional political hopefuls, and that helped him win his primary. 
Democrats are itching to take on Trump.
They are looking for a same but different anti-Trump. There are likely to be more democrats on the primary debate stage than republicans had last time. Trump-like names floated are Michael Moore, Alec Baldwin, Rosie O'Donnell... (good luck with that). There are numerous senators jockeying for political position, not to mention the leftovers from last couple races. 
I think someone good will emerge because of all the interest. None of the commonly floated names seem right to me.  I actually think it’s too early to tip  your hand if you are serious.
Never too early and several Democrat senators have been playing to the cameras thinking about 2020 for months.

Good luck, the demo primary will be a real scrum and probably more closely inspected for shenanigans than last time. I think there have been a few rules changes instituted because of the last time.

JR

Back