Strictly Come Dancing 2018

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

I have had enough doom and gloom and US centric politics to last me a life time. Let's talk about something really important. Who is going to win this years Strictly??

And who is going to get the boot this week??

Cheers

Ian

PRR said:
Never heard of it.
I am surprised. You have it over there. I think it is called Dancing with the Stars. You even time share one of the judges Bruno Tonioli.
But I'll play. How big do you figure the pickup will be?
Probably close to zero. This is the BBC after all and their are no commercials. Probably quite high just before and just after.

Cheers

Ian

scott2000 said:
We have Dancing with the Stars....... watch it with the wife....

I'm rooting for Alan Berston......oh and his partner....Alexis Ren or something like that..... ;D

So you must know of Bruno Tonioli who is one of the judges. He is also a judge for strictly come dancing.

Every year it amazes me how 'ordinary' celebrities with zero dancing experience blossom into pretty competent dancers by the end of the series. The final is always first class. Also the make up and costumes are amazing. Last weekend was the Halloween show so those two departments really went to town.

Cheers

Ian

scott2000 said:
Yes....Bruno is a trip........

I've been promising my wife we'd take some ballroom classes and have yet to do it..... I'm pretty sure I'd be going home after week one....lol

LOL me too. Anyway I am a bit long in the tooth to start that.

Does Bruno wave his arms all the time over there like does does over here? The judge sitting next to him always has to duck.

I also understand Len Goodman is still a judge over there too. Is that true?

Cheers

Ian

scott2000 said:
Yes and yes! ;D

Hardly ever see a 10 from Len.......

When Len was a judge over here he had a spot in the show where he would look in detail at part of someone's dance. It was called Len's lens. Has he threatened to pickle his walnuts yet?

Cheers

Ian

scott2000 said:
Can't say I heard that....

He does some pretty funny skits every now and then on the show though....Usually around the finals ...
Yes, Len is a real cockney lad!

In the UK the main program airs live on Saturday evening with the results show the next evening (although it is recorded after the main show on the Saturday). When does it air over your way?

Cheers

Ian

scott2000 said:
Monday and Tuesday evenings.......

That and The Voice are the shows that battle those nights......

Ah, so Bruno must fly from the UK every Sunday to be there in time.

In the UK, because the results show is recorded almost immediately after the live show, the results are actually known to some people on Saturday night. So there is a strictly spoiler web site that leaks the results, usually from an audience member, late Saturday night. Is it the same over there?

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Ah, so Bruno must fly from the UK every Sunday to be there in time.

In the UK, because the results show is recorded almost immediately after the live show, the results are actually known to some people on Saturday night. So there is a strictly spoiler web site that leaks the results, usually from an audience member, late Saturday night. Is it the same over there?

Cheers

Ian

Interesting....I haven't checked into that........ I'll need to ..... That way I can impress the wife with my psychic powers.....

scott2000 said:
Interesting....I haven't checked into that........ I'll need to ..... That way I can impress the wife with my psychic powers.....

LOL we find it quite fun to watch the results show knowing in advance who is going out. You only have half an hour after the show to vote so they must know the result within 45 mins  of the end of the show (about 9.15pm). The spoiler site usually has the result well before 11pm The UK spoiler  site is here:

https://www.strictlyspoiler.com/

Cheers

Ian

Back