Laziest president ever

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

living sounds

Remember the teabagger's groundless attacks on Obama playing golf every once in a while like his predecessors? Well, you don't hear them complaining now, even though Trump only works 3 hours a day, and then it's mostly signing ceremonies and other publicity stunts.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/29/trump-daily-schedule-executive-time-944996

I thought this was going to be about using "Executive Privilege" to get rid of the 14th Amendment. It sure is a lot easier to just sign your name on something than to go through the usual process to convince Congress and the States to make some silly Constitutional change.

But of course it's all about the upcoming election and pandering to his base and all that, who won't believe those who say it won't work. "See, he really is doing something about anchor babies!"

JohnRoberts said:
;D

WWJS (what would Johnny say?)

JR

PS: I wish I had half the energy President Trump has...

It would appear the only things he has energy for is hate, inequality and environmental/economic destruction in the interest of profits for a select few. May all Republicans' offspring endure the suffrage brought on by their parents and grandparents. With no children, I will be able to watch these things occur with "no skin in the game". It is amazing how knowledge and logic often do not intersect. Respect and no respect, simultaneously.

benb said:
I thought this was going to be about using "Executive Privilege" to get rid of the 14th Amendment. It sure is a lot easier to just sign your name on something than to go through the usual process to convince Congress and the States to make some silly Constitutional change.
google sez said:
Since the adoption of the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution on July 9, 1868, citizenship of persons born in the United States has been controlled by its Citizenship Clause, which states: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United ... 
But of course it's all about the upcoming election and pandering to his base and all that, who won't believe those who say it won't work. "See, he really is doing something about anchor babies!"
nah nothing that important, small ball about golf games... but pandering to both bases is in full swing.
=====
It is unclear what POTUS is thinking with the XO about birthright citizenship... amendments generally require another amendment to be repealed or changed. Baby tourism is an issue no doubt unanticipated back in 1868. Probably as usual President Trump isn't thinking while tweeting... maybe it was "trick or treat" :eek:?

He is keeping the media hopping mad, instead of espousing thoughtful introspection, and both bases energized for better and worse. History will note this as the decade the public (and maybe POTUS) learned multiple civics lessons, the hard way... ::)

JR

PS: Question everything political you hear for the next week, even from me.  ::)  Lots of last minute mud slinging is lower accuracy than even the normal low quality mud slinging.

Funny how you assume he is thinking at all.

We're all probably better off with him "working" only three hours a day. Just imagine how much more damage he would do, doing the same thing 8 or 10 hours a day.

living sounds said:
So predictable. You make it crystal clear that your partisan leanings swamp realization of objective reality.

no, just pointing out the obvious.  I am sure the view from over there is different then over here.    But truth is their schedule and everything thing that is coming out, it's not the norm to have any of that out in the public. I can only assume it's either not accurate, it's made up or that someone should be fired for leaking information.

I bet you that his schedule is no different then his predecessors  but we have to make an issue with it because resist and other nonsense.  Their slogan should be find a better candidate. They have some time...

In 2014 Trump tweeted: "Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf,"  (Trump attached Obama constantly.)

Since Trump has been President he's played golf nearly twice as much.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/aug/01/who-plays-more-golf-donald-trump-or-barack-obama/

Trump has no integrity.

JohnRoberts said:
He is keeping the media hopping mad, instead of espousing thoughtful introspection, and both bases energized for better and worse. History will note this as the decade the public (and maybe POTUS) learned multiple civics lessons, the hard way... ::)

JR

Hitler used division of parties and ideologies to continue the fervor which supported and fueled the Nazi party. History unfortunately shows that society forgets, not learns, civic lessons... especially when surrounded by pain. We are a cyclical, non-learning species. Realizing that is only the beginning of doing the right thing.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/fascism/2017/03/how_nazi_propaganda_encouraged_the_masses_to_co_produce_a_false_reality.html

"Hitler understood, as few others had ever done, the need for the serial creation of enemies. He was a political entrepreneur possessed of the truly devastating insight that all recent enemies could eventually merge into the one super-enemy, the Jews. Here was an intuitive understanding of how self-definition is achieved through other-rejection, that solidarity, identity, and community are in essence gained at the expense of others and appeals based on the brotherhood of man (as, in a sense, even Communism did) would always ultimately fail. His construction of tribal passion could arouse the emotions and therefore render people vulnerable to any kind of visionary persuasion or invocation to epic quest."

Sounds almost exactly like what is going on today. Do not be fooled.

iturnknobs said:
Hitler used division of parties and ideologies to continue the fervor which supported and fueled the Nazi party. History unfortunately shows that society forgets, not learns, civic lessons... especially when surrounded by pain. We are a cyclical, non-learning species. Realizing that is only the beginning of doing the right thing.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/fascism/2017/03/how_nazi_propaganda_encouraged_the_masses_to_co_produce_a_false_reality.html

"Hitler understood, as few others had ever done, the need for the serial creation of enemies. He was a political entrepreneur possessed of the truly devastating insight that all recent enemies could eventually merge into the one super-enemy, the Jews. Here was an intuitive understanding of how self-definition is achieved through other-rejection, that solidarity, identity, and community are in essence gained at the expense of others and appeals based on the brotherhood of man (as, in a sense, even Communism did) would always ultimately fail. His construction of tribal passion could arouse the emotions and therefore render people vulnerable to any kind of visionary persuasion or invocation to epic quest."

Sounds almost exactly like what is going on today. Do not be fooled.
WWJS? 

Hint Google "Godwin's Law".  ::)

JR

After Charlottesville, Mike Godwin said: "By all means, compare these sh*theads to the Nazis. Again and again. I'm with you."

JohnRoberts said:
WWJS? 

JR
John, are you saying there aren't parallels, or are you dismissing it just on principle?  I mean, we just experienced our own semi-automatic weapon version of the Kristallnacht, so even the timelines are getting close.  How many quotes will I find (even on this very forum) of people decrying the media as the 'Lugenpresse'?

JohnRoberts said:
WWJS? 

JR

Godwin's Law was suspended.

Getting difficult to claim the US doesn't have a far-right/neo-nazi terror problem.

74% of terror attacks in the US since 2001 were carried out by far-right groups.

Only upside, they're not very good at it. Jihadists are much more deadly.

Being lazy is the least of his crimes.

A real role model in 'president' trump. Someone to really look up to.

pucho812 said:
  But truth is their schedule and everything thing that is coming out, it's not the norm to have any of that out in the public.

Both Bush 43 and Obama’s schedule were public as well as the visitors list for Obama. I’m pretty sure Clinton’s schedule was made public too.

We’re his boss. We deserve to know what he does at work.

Latest posts

Back