abbey road d enfer

Re: Handsome Audio Zulu/Passive Distortion Theory
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2019, 03:30:36 AM »
I must be deaf because I only really hear a difference with the knob all the way up, and it sounds like crap
That shows there is someting wrong in your implementation. You must check until you find the mistake. This circuit, when implemented correctly, doesn't distort in normal conditions.
Who's right or wrong is irrelevant. What matters is what's right or wrong.
Star ground is for electricians.

weiss

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2019, 05:18:19 AM »
I must be deaf because I only really hear a difference with the knob all the way up, and it sounds like crap, I dont really like distortion on most instruments, I strive to get the lowest THD from my equipment, just to get it all mud up later doesnt make sense to me. I sure went through the "color " and "warmth" phase of using transformers and tape just for the sake of coloration, gladly it was only a phase...

are you referring to the demo? not sure why you think that, i can definitely hear a difference on each position of the knob. I wouldn't use it for maximum distortion anyway, only a subtle hint.
I know what you mean, the whole tape saturation discussion is overhyped and some people tend to use it without reason but if you know what you're doing and why you do it i don't see a problem.

« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2019, 02:50:16 PM »
That shows there is someting wrong in your implementation. You must check until you find the mistake. This circuit, when implemented correctly, doesn't distort in normal conditions.

Abbey, I was refering to the video demo of the plug-in not the circuit.

abbey road d enfer

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2019, 03:22:27 PM »
Abbey, I was refering to the video demo of the plug-in not the circuit.
sorry, I was referring to another thread... :o
I agree totally with you, this so-called tape simulator just does nothing until it craps out (and sounds like less than nothing)
Who's right or wrong is irrelevant. What matters is what's right or wrong.
Star ground is for electricians.