• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Cinemag CM-5722

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iturnknobs

Hoping someone has an extra laying around. One of mine was bad out of the box. One open side of the secondary. Any repair suggestions?

I will call the functioning trafo "A" and the non-functioning trafo "B":

1)  Both trafos read approx 910 ohms at primary(GRN/RED)
2)  Trafo "A" reads 105 ohms across BL and YEL with WHT/WHTBLK tied together
3)  Trafo "B" reads open circuit arcoss BL and YEL with WHT/WHTBLK tied together

I then un-tied white and white/black and tested again:

Trafo A                                  Trafo B
          YEL to WHT-  91.5 ohms        YEL to WHT- 50.4 ohms
        BLU to WHTBLK- 50.8 ohms      BLU to WHTBLK-  OPEN

A) Is it strange that opposite sides of the secondary test the same?
B) Do my results indicate that trafo "B" is bad?

Any help, or replacement trafos would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• CM-5722-Data-Sheet.pdf
    182.6 KB · Views: 8
...I understand that these have been tested "improperly", but referring to the data sheet for testing procedures only yields open circuit results.

Cinemag is a good company , Contact David  there if it is a legitimate problem I'm sure they will right it
if it is new out of the box like that

moamps said:
You should test resistance between yellow - blackwhite and white - blue.
Thanks, moamps. That would seem the proper way to test each side of the secondary, but it results in an open circuit each time. The "wrong" way is the only method that yields a result.

okgb said:
Cinemag is a good company , Contact David  there if it is a legitimate problem I'm sure they will right it
if it is new out of the box like that
okgb- Thanks for that info. Contacted David today. I will be sending them both back and they will determine if they both are "strange" or if I ruined them... not quite sure how I could. That being said, I might still looking for a couple.

Back