"Sveriges Radio" HB-66, HA-54

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hans a

Hi, this is my first post. Been lurking for a while though, checking out cool DIY-projects and trying to learn.
I have no education in electronic design but i´m trying to study as a hobby, checking out tutorials and reading up on stuff i dont know. So much to learn heh

I have a bunch of other modules, originally from a console used on SR (Swedish National Radio) I know one of them is a Line/Mic Amp, but have a hard time figuring the others out, though i suspect one of them being a 24v PSU.

Pics  :p

Br Hansa

hans a said:
Hi, this is my first post. Been lurking for a while though, checking out cool DIY-projects and trying to learn.
I have no education in electronic design but i´m trying to study as a hobby, checking out tutorials and reading up on stuff i dont know. So much to learn heh

I´m tryin to fix up some germanium modules (Philips el3660) at the moment. I do only have an 18v PSU that i salvaged from an old graphical eq.  It works (i´ve tried it shortly, maybe not that smart heh) but the philips modules want -24 to -30v. Soo to the topic.. I have a bunch of other modules, originally from a console used on SR (Swedish National Radio) I know one of them is a Line/Mic Amp, but have a hard time figuring the others out, though i suspect one of them being a 24v PSU.

Pics  :p

Br Hansa

Well, the Ha54 (top) is indeed a line/gain make-up amplifier, originally from the KB-05 console. With its 200 ohms input it works great as a microphone preamp. The outputs (three 200-ohms windings) can be wired in series, or parallell, depending on your needs.

Do you have the schematic? If not, I'll post it. It is possible to fiddle with the feedback resistors to set gain (i tried a pot), but I settled with 600 ohms input and output attenuators instead, with the amplifier set at 48dB gain.

I would recap it - those Philips caps are definitely leaking. Note: the one next to the input transformer is bipolar.

--

I think the Hb66 is a program amplifier. If I remember correctly, the pinout is the same as Ha54. I haven't been able to find a schematic, but you might have better luck. Someone should really put some pressure at SR:s tech department.
You could try contacting Bosse Hansén, he might have some info. I know he refurbished a KB-05 once.

--

The third one is a little mysterious. Could be anything, perhaps a passive splitting circuit.

--

The fourth module is indeed a +24VDC power supply. It's been a while since I worked on a KB05, but I believe it also supplies voltage for the many relays in the console. It's a double DIN unit, right?

Thanks!

Great, so now i have to figure out the pinout, i suspect it's a 220v AC input maybe?

I think the ha54 have to be repaired before i try it. I had the pinouts wrong when i tried it out some time ago.  :eek:

One of the transformers in the "splitting" module are broken sadly.. maybe it's unfixable?

Ok, so a little shoutout if someone in possesion of an HB66 and the PSU-module sits on schematics  or pinouts! :p
Thanks for the help Conviction!

hans a said:
Thanks!

Great, so now i have to figure out the pinout, i suspect it's a 220v AC input maybe?

I think the ha54 have to be repaired before i try it. I had the pinouts wrong when i tried it out some time ago.  :eek:

One of the transformers in the "splitting" module are broken sadly.. maybe it's unfixable?

Ok, so a little shoutout if someone in possesion of an HB66 and the PSU-module sits on schematics  or pinouts! :p
Thanks for the help Conviction!

I think I have to correct myself.  ??? The fourth module does (almost) look like a PSU,  but the transformer on top of the Mu-metal can tells me its not. I thought it was one of those KB-05 PSU:s in a "double" DIN case (=double width, just like the V76 chassis). I think we need some further research on this (more pics!)

--

Ha54 is +24VDC, positive ground, meaning you connect the positive side of your PSU to ground (6-I). You then connect negative to 6-II. Input is on 1-I and 1-II. Output is either 5/4/3 (I respectively II).

--

I think Bo Hansén would at least know what type of module HB66 is. Send him an e-mail! With a little luck he's even got the schematic.

Is it possible that the transformer above the Mu-metal one is an inductor? That card does indeed look like a power supply card.

I do know the preamp module from the same family is the Först (ampflier) HA-51.  Conviction do you happen to have a schematic for that one?

TubeMonkey said:
Is it possible that the transformer above the Mu-metal one is an inductor? That card does indeed look like a power supply card.

I do know the preamp module from the same family is the Först (ampflier) HA-51.  Conviction do you happen to have a schematic for that one?

I think you're right TubeMonkey. I checked the one I have (double unit) and the PCB is very similar, but it lacks the what-might-be-an-inductor.

* Schematic for HA-51 coming up!

What's the little black square next to the maybe transformer? Is it a diode bridge? or a power regulator?  It's also possible it is another separate power transformer fed off the mains... possibly for 5v or 12v for something?

Part #: 18DB2A
Part Category: Diodes
Manufacturer: International Rectifier
Description: Bridge Rectifier Diode, 1 Phase, 1.8A, 200V V(RRM), Silicon

Two yellow cables enter on pin 6 then goes to the big box (inductor?) and then to the rectifier.. ..

Im guessing the module with 2 tranformers are the first part of the psu. In that case im screwed cause the second is broken.. Murphys law..

Opened it up..

hans a said:
Part #: 18DB2A
Part Category: Diodes
Manufacturer: International Rectifier
Description: Bridge Rectifier Diode, 1 Phase, 1.8A, 200V V(RRM), Silicon

Two yellow cables enter on pin 6 then goes to the big box (inductor?) and then to the rectifier.. ..

Im guessing the module with 2 tranformers are the first part of the psu. In that case im screwed cause the second is broken.. Murphys law..

No, those are definitely audio transformers. Might be isolation, splitting, whatnot.

The psu looks to be complete. Rest assured.
The mu-metal shielded "big box" is the mains transformer.

I'm pretty sure that this last pictured one is a monitor (speaker) amplifier, with built-in mains power supply.

And I'm almost certain that the transformer in the isolation metal box is the power transformer.

Jakob E.

gyraf said:
I'm pretty sure that this last pictured one is a monitor (speaker) amplifier, with built-in mains power supply.

And I'm almost certain that the transformer in the isolation metal box is the power transformer.

Jakob E.

Definitely the power transformer.

However, I'm pretty sure this is not a monitor (speaker) amplifier, since SR used (slightly modified) Quad II amps paired with Quad ESL 57, later on replaced by Goodmans Eleganzia II, for monitoring. AFAIK they never developed their own listening amplifier. I might be proven wrong.

I'll post a picture of my KB-05 PSU later.

gyraf said:
monitor amp for cue (desk's built-in small speaker), not for main monitor

Jakob E.

Ah, cue! Thing is, KB-05 and KB-08 had no internal monitoring, all "förlyssning" was done through the monitor speaker set. When the consoles got converted to stereo, cue listening was done in either right or left speaker. Dedicated
Cue/FL came, as odd as it might seem, later (with the Tore Seem consoles).

TubeMonkey said:

Attachments

• Ha51_mikrofonförstärkare_schema.pdf
    469 KB · Views: 36
QSbeogth.jpg

xvUzG5wh.jpg

9Ip0HBzh.jpg

6h8QV4mh.jpg

Back