Muscular Paralysis Caused by Electric Currents

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRR

Muscular Paralysis Caused by Electric Currents
ELECTRONICS magazine 1941

Attachments

• MuscularParalysis-ElectricCurrents.pdf
    246.2 KB · Views: 21
Yup... this is why GFCI interrupters disconnect at around 6mA of leakage current.

You can still get injured without getting stuck, from reactions to getting shocked, but getting stuck is a really bad thing.

JR 

Sigh.....

I know I get worried I haven't had enough accidents and my time is coming but I'm hopeful my fear and respect of electrical will keep me relatively safe considering my interest in it.....

One time my AC quit working and I was reaching in to the handler where the circuit board was and got locked up pretty good,,,,, Can't remember why I was reaching in but, it was pretty scary......like a vibrating monster having my arm in his mouth.......

Luckily I was only sore for a few hours......

Stinks because I just finished doing some heater elevation and wasn't paying attention and thought the artificial CT was my grid  cathode resistors....///// trying to hurry..... Didn't mess anything up but disturbs me that I was that careless.....

These reminders are great....Thanks!!!

My father had a steel construction company, and from a very young age, I learned how to use angle grinders, big pillar drills, hydraulic presses, cranes, welding equipment. Then later on, hung around people doing electronics.
Time and time again, it was emphasized to pay attention to what you are doing, work safely, do not rush. Did not manage to get myself hurt or killed in those 40 odd years, am currently to get my kids to take safety serious. Have seen plenty of of people who did get hurt, the one that I still remember is when someone wanted to do something quickly on one of our cabinets in the technical room (of an MRI machine) on friday afternoon and did not check whether or not mains (three phase, 64A) was still on. It was, and he almost stood in a puddle of water of our liquid cooling unit too, he was very lucky to come out alive. He was very shaken up, and it was a lesson he never forgot.
But yes, he grabbed something, and somebody had to kick or shove him off to save him, because his hand clenched shut.

Back