how much would you pay for an apsi mixer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

So I found a 24 channel APSI 3000 mixer for sale. Condition is unknown but it looks to be in decent shape for a cosmetic point of view.

it's 24 buss and has 4 FX returns.  looks to be complete.

what price would you put on it?

Good question. It would be fun to look at the modules to see Steve Crump's designs. No info about them on the net.

Cheers

Ian

The one I saw in person was nothing to write home about.  It had a couple channels of the EQ people seem to like. 

EmRR said:
The one I saw in person was nothing to write home about.  It had a couple channels of the EQ people seem to like.

understood... I do like the layout on this one.  from channel top to bottom busses, auxes, panning, mic pre, eq, small fader, solo, mute snd then large fader at the bottom.

well I talked with the current owner.

he had it listed as 18K.

I offered 3K and he said it was fair but has decided to eBay it at that starting price to see if he gets any bits.

3K is not bad for a 24 buss desks me thinks.

Hmm. I drove with a friend to Nashville ten years ago to pick one up for $700.  Felt like too much to pay at the time.  Probably a very different config. 

EmRR said:
Hmm. I drove with a friend to Nashville ten years ago to pick one up for $700.  Felt like too much to pay at the time.  Probably a very different config.

Well this desk is a s follows, 24 inline channels, 24 buss, 4 fx return modules, and master section. 4 band semi parametric eq, 6 aux sends. all IC chips.. being 24 bus 3K seemed fair.

hate to bring back a very very old thread but I’ve always been curious about this company. They were based in Massachusetts, where I am also based, but there is very little information about them available anymore even after scouring the Internet. Just always curious about elusive pro audio stuff that was made near me.
Few 15~ year old forum posts here or there with history, but not a ton

hate to bring back a very very old thread but I’ve always been curious about this company. They were based in Massachusetts, where I am also based, but there is very little information about them available anymore even after scouring the Internet. Just always curious about elusive pro audio stuff that was made near me.
Few 15~ year old forum posts here or there with history, but not a ton
I was always told they were ex-API engineers

Latest posts

Back