Transformer Blueprints for Download

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the longer run , printed winding sheets, laminated up and put in a ring binder might be the way to go , but the idea of a book sounds great too.

Isnt it interesting ,copper and iron , with us since the dawn of time , and it took an Irishman to invent the transformer , its like a audio  bunker buster on top , CJ's revelations .

Did anyone send the link to Brian Sowter ?  ;D

Its like the crown jewels of audio winding have been laid bare for all to see , did these guys really do all the layering by hand or is automation the only way to wind sectionalised transformers properly ?

Thank you guys for being interested!  :D

17 more uploaded today:

Mesa D-180 OPT
Western Electric 618-B Input
Western Electric 5214  6L6  OPT
Melodium  E 40 ES
Willesden Input
Cinemag Redd 47 Input Custom Winston O Boogie
Marshall Drake 50 W OPT
Ampeg Gemini 1 OPT
Ampeg Gemini 2 OPT
Ampex Bridging 4580200-01 10K to 10K
Altec 436 Iron
Stancor HF-40 Line to Line
Stancor P-8130  12.6 VAC
Peerless K-049-D  Mic Input
UTC H-70 Choke
Triad A-57-J  600:600
Fender Blues DeVille OPT

and we spotted a funny one while digging:

musicians vary +/-9dB depending on mood, drugs, and line-voltage. (PRR)  :D

enjoy!

https://audiotransformers.godaddysites.com/

just uploaded or improved

Freed 32035
Freed  38166
UTC P-12
UTC CG-133
Peerless 16402
Stancor WF-21
Trident A/B OPT
Crimson Audio API OPT
Chicago Transformer TA-10

i think that nis about most of them, if you find more, give me a hollar,

going to put a topic in the Tech Docs section with GroupDIY links to all the tear downs as well as a link to the website

cj

Just trying different approaches to bulk dump the lot onto my HD ,
found a 'download all images' button for FF , makes it a lot more easy than one at a time .

Amazing collection of proper knowledge no doubt!  A book has to follow for sure.

CJ is the details !

Me, just a  humble lover of fine magnetics, not a maker of history ; just doing up my very own reddi with one of them CJ specials.

Good cheers to you, the 'transformer man'.  :)

CJ--- not a blueprint but something for decoration. Thordarson ad from 1947, giving a hint of history (1895!) and an impression of their building. (Seems to be a skyscraper now, empty on the bottom.)

Attachments

• Thordarson-Ad-1947.gif
    Thordarson-Ad-1947.gif
    350 KB · Views: 31
Cool ad, thanks PRR!  i will use that on the website, gonna milk the 30 days then sign up with a domain, somebody is selling the old vacuumbrain.com for $199  but we can get a cheaper extension for $5.99

that xfmr plant must have been raking in the dough, they were right downtown, look at the neighborhood now>

Attachments

• n michigan.jpg
    n michigan.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 17
bought a domain:

vacuumbrain.uk

because  we are going Euro Worldwide!  :D

changing site to www.vacuumbrain.uk/godaddy.com waiting for "DNS A record"  to kick in,

shopping for a host, any tips?

what about

bluehost
hostgator
siteground
hostinger
dreamhost
small orange

> any tips?

I dunno hosting. On advice from someone here I bought from Gandi, it's OK, though sometimes confusing. Not a mistake. More aimed at resellers. For simple US folks, GoDad or 1&1 may be simpler.

Anyway, Gandi mails me every month to tell me all the *new TLDs* available. .com and .net are overfull, but
.app, .shop, .cat, .global, .page, .fan, .luxe, .sport, .eu, and .gg domains opened recently. Sometimes the first year is a buck cheaper than ordinary TLDs. I don't want to look-see if de.luxe is available but you might think of something. While Gandi seems to specialize in promoting new TLDs, I think most outfits can sell you most TLDs, and any host can link a sub-server to your DNS record.

finally got the new domain to point to the godad server,

took 2 days of online help chat with about 5 Russian ladies,

here it is>

https://vacuumbrain.uk/

the old name

https://audiotransformers.godaddysites.com/

still works,

A Record was confusing, did not know what to use for host, if www was needed, exact syntax is important in comp geek land,  did not know about the need for a second A record involving "@"
still do not know about TTL park times vs auto,

don't even want to confront CNAME at this juncture,

now to find a host that does not want to do auto extract from my bank account which may not be easy, a monthly paypal sure would be nice,

here is a pic of what you need for the A record so as to save suffering among future DIY'ers trying to rent space, DNS number is supplied by godaddy , west coast number, >

Attachments

• dns.png
    dns.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 23
and just to keep it ontopic,  here is a Fisher OPT which we estimated pri wire size for, this guy is found in the Fisher A100X integrated amplifier and works very well as a git amp OPT with 6BQ5's

weird 15/16" EI lam , 100 EI would probably work fine for the non retentive.  :D

will upload to site

Attachments

• fisher 100x opt.jpg
    fisher 100x opt.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 39
> don't even want to confront CNAME at this juncture,

CNAME is your best friend. The host has One True Name, but many CNAMEs can point to it. It is the simple way to support with/without "www." in front. It is the way to support music. and gleeclub. and tubajam. , with/without www., all on one machine. (Browsers send the hostname they think they want. Your httpd config file maps the multiple hostnames to folders.)

You may not want a screenful of CNAME aliases, as I used to support. But it is a good trick to know.

ok, i had support configure my records, finally got a great rep, his name was bruno guciffer ,

i had an extra A Record that i did not need, and the CNAME has been fixed, so no i have>

Attachments

• cname.png
    cname.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 31
Back