Mccurdy EQ153

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hereforever

Wondering if anyone has any info about a couple of Mccurdy EQ153 modules I picked up at salvage?  They look very similar to some of the McCurdy preamp & program amps I've seen from 60s/70s era but a bit skinnier.  There's no info in the only McCurdy catalog pdf I've come across https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Catalogs/Miscellaneous-Manufacturers/McCurdy-Broadcast-Equipment-70s.pdf

Unfortunately the old guy that was running McCurdy and used to supply schematics has passed away.  I know that someone is trying to purchase the archives and brand, but I don't know when or if that will happen.  I do have some info for the 150, 151, and 155 eqs - 155a is in the technical docs section here.

Follow up, just saw some of these on eb*y.  The seller says "These EQ's have been compared to Neve EQs and are very solid."  The photo shows modules similar to the AT240 with an input transformer and some discrete components.  No knobs, pots, or controls.  :eek:  Most likely these are phono EQs designed for playback of RIAA records.

Sheesh nice sales pitch on the listing....
Thank you! Somehow I missed your posts until now.
I see that the lot also includes some 242 preamp modules too. I actually picked up a pair of those as well - just trying to locate the right connectors for them and I plan to give them a shot. I see that they can handle quite hot levels so I could see them being useful for a lot of applications

Latest posts

Back