Gender ratio dropping

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyraf

Staff member
GDIY Supporter
If some of you have been watching the Male:Female ratio statistic of this board, you you might have found that female participation is dropping like a rock lately.

We're now approaching 140:1  :eek:

Luckily not because we're more annoying than usual, but because we are cleaning out in spam user accounts.

At least the generic spammers have a more decent gender ratio than this board  :)

Jakob E.

I moderate on another board, and have had to change the new user authentication to "approved by admin", which means I look at every account that signs up.  Was the only way to keep the spam out.

ju

fum said:
I moderate on another board, and have had to change the new user authentication to "approved by admin", which means I look at every account that signs up.  Was the only way to keep the spam out.

ju
I still want to invent a way to send electrical shocks over the WWW to toast these miscreants.  8)

JR

I've thought a good bit about this lately, looking at all the various forums I use.  I'm mostly unaware of ANY female participation.  Definitely here, and most other recording or tech forums. Slightly more on the broadcast and remote side at Gearslutz, and the film/broadcast stuff at some DAW specific sites.

EmRR said:
I've thought a good bit about this lately, looking at all the various forums I use.  I'm mostly unaware of ANY female participation.  Definitely here, and most other recording or tech forums. Slightly more on the broadcast and remote side at Gearslutz, and the film/broadcast stuff at some DAW specific sites.

Since 2008, which is when I registered in this forum, I've seen zero women participation, granted its not always obvious from the nickname who is who, but from what I can tell, they are all dudes.

user 37518 said:
Since 2008, which is when I registered in this forum, I've seen zero women participation, granted its not always obvious from the nickname who is who, but from what I can tell, they are all dudes.
I try to stifle female unfriendly speech here but its not as bad now (for embarrassing comments) as it once was. Pretty well behaved crew here most of the time. Forum software prevents posting female unfriendly words like cunt, vagina, and even male unfriendly fag, etc. Some it just masks out a vowel like fuck or shit 

FWIW there are women in STEM education but they may be less aggressive about arguing with people they don't know on the internets. 

I have known a few women over the years on professional sound reinforcement forums (working mix engineers/techs and at least one business owner/operator), but not in any significant numbers.

here not so much...

JR

Women are not as cheap as men.  We want to build a massenburg eq for 50 bucks rather than buy th 5000 dollar version . 

But there are no differences between men and women these days.  Or so I’ve read on my iPhone apple news so I guess I’m mistaken.  👌

Latest posts

Back