Advance Audio CM251 upgrades?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

playon

I picked up a second-hand Advanced Audio 251 copy cheap, it looks like one of their earlier efforts.  Was wondering if either the capsule or the transformer are worth upgrading?  I have no idea where they sourced their parts but I was thinking of trying a C-12 capsule and/or transformer from 3U Audio.  Thoughts?

playon said:
I picked up a second-hand Advanced Audio 251 copy cheap, it looks like one of their earlier efforts.  Was wondering if either the capsule or the transformer are worth upgrading?  I have no idea where they sourced their parts but I was thinking of trying a C-12 capsule and/or transformer from 3U Audio.  Thoughts?
Can't really speak much on the transformer or the Advanced Audio mic (or upgrade if it's a modded Apex), but I'm certain that a 3U Audio capsule will be great. Guosheng does amazing work for the cost of the products. Sub $200 mics that sound like something that costs several times outside their price range is great, especially when they're LDC's where things in that price are usually an electret mic, or a cheap U87 copy. Love my Black CM1 and my CM100. Gonna compare them to my Lewitt LCT 441 when that arrives.

Back